Look out, it's coming right for you...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpack

Oct 24, 2009
SW Ohio
Cranking the stove tonight. Currently 40 degrees with rain. Expect a roller coaster 48 hours here with temps dropping then turning around to about 60 degrees tomorrow and then diving into the 30's by Thursday evening...
Happy Thanksgiving to all and stay warm.

Attachments

• 11_24_10 copy.jpg
    11_24_10 copy.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 507
It's already here in central Wisconsin... right now 35F and a snowy mixture... down to the low teens tomorrow night...

yep the snow is here and gone.
below zero with windchill tomorrow.

gpack,

Thanks for your concern about our well being by posting the weather warning.

In this area, we get PLENTY of GLOOM, DOOM, and HYSTERICAL weather warnings from the local "First Warning Weather" TV weather forecasters who vie with each other to be more dramatic.

I like to do an imitation of them which ends with, "Horrible weather coming and you are ALL GOING TO DIE!"

Ranger

This is rapidly becoming one of my pet peeves. For a native New Englander, the weather has been mostly mild the last ten years or so.

The Storm people must not be from here because they make every storm sound like a snow armageddon is on the way.

When I was a kid, the drifts were so bad and the snow equipment so inadequate that a "noreaster" really was something to worry about. Now they have these gigantic mega plows that go buy once and done.

good grief, this is New England people!

My son was supposed o go to work last night for snow plow duty... I asked him how the hell are you going to plow snow when it's melting as it hits the ground?

i think they called the whole plow deal off...

That's about how they play it all the time. Here in SW Ohio you'd think an inch of snow was the end of the world. (Try to get to the grocery store when they're "predicting" a storm..) I grew up on the east coast and spent about 9 years in upstate NY. I do recall 14 inches of snow was the norm and you didn't seem to have so much paranoia about the weather...Guess it's job security.

Snowed pretty heavily here for about an hour earlier, but too warm for anything to stick....just a dreary Thanksgiving outside....rain later, according to weatherman.

Big winter storm passed through the PNW Monday-Tuesday. Arctic air mass moved down behind it. Had a -13 degrees at 4:00am Wed. My little Pioneer just couldn't keep up, so I turned on the gas furnace for the day. Today temp's are back to normal (low 30's). Looks like it's gonna be a long winter.

I'll let ya know what it will be here after it is over.

Must be Global Warming or Global Cooling .... oh yeah Global Climate Disruption .... pppppffttttt!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.