Look what followed me home from the Pittsburgh Zoo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
It's a Rhino!

IMG_0702-1.jpg
IMG_0705.jpg

Strange, I live in Pittsburgh, and I have never seen that exhibit here!

That, my friend, is a beautiful piece of machinery. If I had the land to use it on, something like that would be way up there on my "want" list.

Make sure you update us with some pictures of that bad boy in action!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Wow, I'm not an evolutionist but boy did rhinos really evolve since I last saw one.

Reactions: ScotO and Eatonpcat
Man when you ohio guys want something, you get it...

How is Dexter gonna one up you now?

Reactions: ScotO
Eatonpcat, nice buy. Ours has been a workhorse since we bought it, we have the oil,filters along with having them grease the proper areas every fall. Depending how much running I'm doing with our Rhino (just working around the house or running back in to cut) determines how often I check the oil, if I've been running the hills bring down wood I'll check it before I take it out.

If you are thinking about getting a plow for it and you will also be working with the winch in the woods you might want a winch for the back so you won't burn the brakes up on the front winch.

Ok members lets fill Eatonpcats Rhino up, I'll add the obvious, two chainsaws.

zap

Eatonpcat, nice buy. Ours has been a workhorse since we bought it, we have the oil,filters along with having them grease the proper areas every fall. Depending how much running I'm doing with our Rhino (just working around the house or running back in to cut) determines how often I check the oil, if I've been running the hills bring down wood I'll check it before I take it out.

If you are thinking about getting a plow for it and you will also be working with the winch in the woods you might want a winch for the back so you won't burn the brakes up on the front winch.

Ok members lets fill Eatonpcats Rhino up, I'll add the obvious, two chainsaws.

zap

Thanks Zap...Hopefully it will run good for me. I probably will change the oil and plugs this weekend.

Fill up the Rhino:

Two hot Blondes!

I probably will change the oil and plugs this weekend.

New or used? Sure does look new, or VERY lightly used. If it's new I would leave the plugs alone and change the oil after about 20 hours.

Looks like you got all the goodies (windshield, roof, winch). I wouldn't add a thing...give your wallet some time off. Just need a trailer and you're ready for some serious firewood hauling. I love my ATV...I'd be lost without it now.

New or used? Sure does look new, or VERY lightly used. If it's new I would leave the plugs alone and change the oil after about 20 hours.

Looks like you got all the goodies (windshield, roof, winch). I wouldn't add a thing...give your wallet some time off. Just need a trailer and you're ready for some serious firewood hauling. I love my ATV...I'd be lost without it now.

Used...2007 with 66 hours and 330 miles. Thanks for the tips.

Used...2007 with 66 hours and 330 miles. Thanks for the tips.

In that case, proceed as planned. Might not hurt to change the fluid in the differentials too.

Looks in real good shape.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Man when you ohio guys want something, you get it...

How is Dexter gonna one up you now?

Thats how we get down in Ohio!...!...!! ;)

Shoot Smoke Mad Dog's lawn mower cost more than my house! He could give half his crap away and still be way up on me!

I was looking at a Razr by Polaris before I bought the Dixie Chopper. In reality its gonna be the Polaris Ranger that wins my heart. In another yr or two, I WILL have one. Looking to sell or trade my 440EX... I just sold my Honda Rancher 350 4x4. I just gotta sell this one and get a side by side (My Sons Quad stays/ Bad @SS 125cc!)

Hard to get firewood on a sport Quad!?!?! (Oh yeah, I bought it brand new in 99/ been rebuilt twice and only gets BETTER! And FASTER! :))

2012-05-06_14-25-51_1.jpg

Thats how we get down in Ohio!...!...!! ;)

I was looking at a Razr by Polaris before I bought the Dixie Chopper. In reality its gonna be the Polaris Ranger that wins my heart. In another yr or two, I WILL have one. Looking to sell or trade my 440EX... I just sold my Honda Rancher 350 4x4. I just gotta sell this one and get a side by side (My Sons Quad stays/ Bad @SS 125cc!)

Hard to get firewood on a sport Quad!?!?! (Oh yeah, I bought it brand new in 99/ been rebuilt twice and only gets BETTER! And FASTER! :))

View attachment 71141
HOLY CHIT, even your four-wheelers look brand new!! I'm ashamed to show my tools and toys anymore......I'm not worthy!:(;)

So when can I borrow your HD Ford, Heavy Duty A$$ Trailer, and your Bad A$$ Rhino.... ;) You got the Good Toys!

We have to get together. 20 minutes?!?!? You head South on it and I will head North on my 440. Beers on me (Christmas Ale on Tap at Forts right now in Wellington).

(Edit: Scotty, I am OCD about everything being clean when I am done. Its bad... Ask my Wife?!?)

HOLY CHIT, even your four-wheelers look brand new!! I'm ashamed to show my tools and toys anymore......I'm not worthy!:(;)

Holy crap Mad Dog....Got to agree with Scotty, Holy CHIT, let something get dirty!! I think my wife would love you, she's a neat freak...Wonder why she married me! Sitting back and waiting for the abuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.