Look what followed me home today! (in the back of my pick-up)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pell it

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2011
Rhode Island
A whole half ton of them!

I needed something for the stash for when it gets cold. Of course I had to clean the stove and try 'em tonight. They almost smell too good to burn. At least we will be warm for the game tonight!!

Attachments

• IMG_1435-1.jpg
    IMG_1435-1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,054
pell it said:

I needed something for the stash for when it gets cold. Of course I had to clean the stove and try 'em tonight. They almost smell too good to burn. At least we will be warm for the game tonight!!

Nice!!! Funny how you say they smell to good to burn....I burned half of mine....saving them for what I dont know....but I sleep good at night knowing they are there. Did you see the North Idaho Energy pellets while you were there? THe website says they too are Douglas fir???? I may check them out...I am literally a mile from there

I can't find any in southeastern MA. Where in RI did you find them?

I gather Blazers are a treat for you east coasters.... but how do they meet your heat tests?

Once you let those stray pellets follow you home you gotta feed'em...to your stove that is!!

Blazers are a regularly seen brand out here in Oregon/washington

Blazers, Bear Mountain, Golden Fire are common on the west side of the Cascade mountains.

Over on the east side of the state, names like Blue Mountain comes around.

The stuff over here is mostly doug fir and over east its pine.

But, there are US Renegade outlaws that burn nut shells and other such stuff.

Snowy

DirtyDave said:
I gather Blazers are a treat for you east coasters.... but how do they meet your heat tests?

Excellent! But we pay dearly for them. I got some crazy heat from them in my beast! Made our local pellets look like kibble!

IHATEPROPANE said:
pell it said:

Nice!!! Funny how you say they smell to good to burn....I burned half of mine....saving them for what I dont know....but I sleep good at night knowing they are there. Did you see the North Idaho Energy pellets while you were there? THe website says they too are Douglas fir???? I may check them out...I am literally a mile from there

I did see the North Idaho on the site, but not physically. I may head back to get some of those and the Vermont Softwoods to try. The real treat for me was in the qty of ash(and lack there of). I burned four bags thru the weekend and the ash was equal to one bag of Stove Chow. (made it thru without touching the propane heat!) Now the single digits are over, it's back to the Chow for the ten or so bags I have left. After that I'll hit the NEWP and other asst "samples" that I have around.

A mile From Robbins is a big plus. Do they do a spring sale? I'll hook up a trailer and take a ride for next year.

I've burned both Blazers and N. Idaho Energy. If you liked how clean the Blazers burn, you will love the N. Idaho Energy. Both put out similar heat in my tests. The N. Idaho Energy pellets have some Red Fir mixed in with the Doug Fir which gives them a reddish tint. They are so pretty the bag is clear for your viewing (petting, hugging) pleasure! :lol:

pell it said:
IHATEPROPANE said:
pell it said:

I did see the North Idaho on the site, but not physically. I may head back to get some of those and the Vermont Softwoods to try. The real treat for me was in the qty of ash(and lack there of). I burned four bags thru the weekend and the ash was equal to one bag of Stove Chow. (made it thru without touching the propane heat!) Now the single digits are over, it's back to the Chow for the ten or so bags I have left. After that I'll hit the NEWP and other asst "samples" that I have around.

A mile From Robbins is a big plus. Do they do a spring sale? I'll hook up a trailer and take a ride for next year.

They do a spring sale in April...I think I paid 240 for MWP and 260 for Vermont woods...Not the cheapest but not bad...they usually have a good selection.
You are right about the ash on those Blazers...I can go 25 bags before cleaning on those...for comparison MWP and NEWP I go 6 bags...Somerset 14....Currently burning the Vermonts...you will like those....very low ash

Damn you pell it! I just couldn't resist :)

They had a max purchase of .5 ton. Guess they're trying to keep everyone happy!

pell it said:

Pell it, is it true what they say about the Blazers? Did you burn any and how do you like them? Lots of heat and extremely little ash? Haven't had a chance to test mine yet but was thinking of grabbing more for the stash before they sell out! Tell us what you think about them!

Robins will have another 100 tons of Blazers sent by rail sometime early February from what I was told. We picked up 1/2 ton last Saturday. First time we ever used them and I must say, WOW, low ash and lots of heat. Parts or our house made it to 90 degrees in a 2400 square foot ranch. Outside temperature was below 10 degrees. We have a quad 1200.

DirtyDave said:
nice huh?, Here I thought they made too much ash. not bad for a shoulder/ boxstore pellet.

There's no need to gloat! LOL. If our big box store carries this brand, I would have a big enough stash to last me for the next 20 years! I might not live that long but I'll definitely be warm trying! You would be offended to hear how much of a premium we have to pay for these Blazers all the way on the East Coast. I won't mention it again. I was a little sticker shock too.

spaly said:
Robins will have another 100 tons of Blazers sent by rail sometime early February from what I was told. We picked up 1/2 ton last Saturday. First time we ever used them and I must say, WOW, low ash and lots of heat. Parts or our house made it to 90 degrees in a 2400 square foot ranch. Outside temperature was below 10 degrees. We have a quad 1200.

Thanks for letting us know. Good that they are getting more in. Wonder if their prices will drop in the Spring.

honestly I thought they make a lot of ash. The cleanburns here are about the same in ash, dont seem to make the same heat tho IMHO . I would think that with the 100 tons by train tho that the prices would be a lot less, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.