Look what I found!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
While dumping some rotten trunks and debris at a friends burn pile I came across these 5/4 oak boards.
Should be nice to stack on and burn eventually.

Attachments

• oak boards.jpg
    oak boards.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 667
Looks like good shelve stock to me...

gzecc said:
While dumping some rotten trunks and debris at a friends burn pile I came across these 5/4 oak boards.
Should be nice to stack on and burn eventually.

I agree with smokin.

zap

Looks like some pretty nice stuff. Run it through the planer and it may surprise you!

I think its fence grade stuff. I do have a carpentry background and would appreciate nice stuff. This however is not nice stuff. It is ok though. This is a top class facility that I picked at. The reason they discarded them is because of their poor grade. Its good for me! I've always told the manager " I will gladly look through his debris"

IDK... I'd have a hard time burning any 5/4 lumber... even pine. Maybe it's the pack-rat in me, but I'd put it to better use than burning it.

Does look a bit funky, though, so I won't hold it against you. %-P

Battenkiller said:
IDK... I'd have a hard time burning any 5/4 lumber... even pine. Maybe it's the pack-rat in me, but I'd put it to better use than burning it.

Does look a bit funky, though, so I won't hold it against you. %-P
Probably going to use most of it to stack firewood on (on bricks). The shorter pieces will go directly to the wood pile for seasoning.

LOL, did you notice if he had any Oak chairs around? You could just bust some of the rungs out . .the chair would still work plus you get some great BTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
LOL, did you notice if he had any Oak chairs around? You could just bust some of the rungs out . .the chair would still work plus you get some great BTUs
Actually there was some furniture but it was stained. If it was't I would have taken it.

Looks like it would be perfect decking for my flatbed. Probably burn nice too!

Status
Not open for further replies.