Look what I found

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CageMaster

Feeling the Heat
Nov 5, 2011
Central Canada
free for the taking and this is only two loads home there are probably six or seven more, all the length have been down for two or three years, going to make a great addition to next winters stacks woodpile2.jpg

Wow! Nice score. :cool: I think I see Birch and Maple. What is the big one on the right top? I should know that horizontal log in the center with the flat, cracked bark...seen that before.

majority of it is poplar and a there is a lil maple....and yes it will be a busy weekend....now if only i had some backyard left to stack it in 50x150 foot lot doesn't leave a lot of room once you put a house and 12 cords on it already lol

Nice find. How do you load the big stuff?

Great haul! how DID you get that big stuff in there? BTW, love the EA hockey avatar.

Very nice and if there is more left its even better

Looks like nice score - and more to come? Good deal.

Aspen! You'll have a lot of soft punk wood there if it has been down for 3 years!

Reactions: Taylor Sutherland
Nice find. How do you load the big stuff?
loading the big stuff isn't that bad if you have a strong friend and a desire to sit by the fire in minus 40 weather
Very nice and if there is more left its even better
yes there is more to come, since it has startred to lightly rain here a planned morning with mr. fiskars and the nearly full wood shed has been put on hold and instead i will venture out with the truck and bring another load home.

Making me want to head back out and go after some more wood too

Lots of work to do there yet CageMaster. Hopefully you'll find not too much punk. The small stuff might not be too good but most of those larger logs look okay yet. Good luck.

Not crazy about poplar, but hey, free is free! That's a pile of wood too, that'll keep ya busy for a while!

Lots of work to do there yet CageMaster. Hopefully you'll find not too much punk. The small stuff might not be too good but most of those larger logs look okay yet. Good luck.
got the third load home this afternoon, fired up the saw and bucked some of the smaller and larger rounds.....small stuff is easy to split and no punk yet, big rounds will not be split by axe, either fire up the the big splitter or wait til colder temps arrive.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice score CM, I'm wondering if there will be a lockout in the NHL.

zap

Nice. I wonder if the sweet sound of a chainsaw in your yard will bring out the wood burners in your neighborhood...
actually because we live in a smaller town population approx 400 and due to the fact there is an abundance of firewood in an around the community there are many wood burners in my small town....once of the long time residents actually owns two properties in town, once for his house and one across town that is his hobby shop/wood lot....ill post pics of his stacks and shed soon....looks like his fire wood was produced by a laser guided assembly line, every piece is uniform, almost appears to be cloned firewood

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
Free is good.
Nice score
Waiting for the split & stacked & wood shed pica. :)

actually because we live in a smaller town population approx 400 and due to the fact there is an abundance of firewood in an around the community there are many wood burners in my small town....once of the long time residents actually owns two properties in town, once for his house and one across town that is his hobby shop/wood lot....ill post pics of his stacks and shed soon....looks like his fire wood was produced by a laser guided assembly line, every piece is uniform, almost appears to be cloned firewood

I know how you feel...we have such crooked trees here its hard to get them straight and pretty like a lot of these perfect stacks I am seeing. I have said it before, but I am just happy to get the wood in my yard with my schedule...ha Pretty or not, it still burns...

oh the never ending battle, c/s/s a cord, make a good size dent in the heap, fresh saw dust all over the ground, axe marks in the new splitting block, then unload the truck and start over. The cycle never ends, on the bright side i have less lawn to mow every day, who cares if i get a few double takes as neighbors drive by and see firewood stacked to peaks higher than the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.