Look what the wood guy brought me!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
savageactor7 said:
johnd you have a super splitter?

That's an incredible machine...you must sell some wood to have one of them. 2 man operation, right?

No i don't sell wood I do however share the splitter with a friend. We found a guy selling it on craigslist for $600 so my friend and I split the cost to buy it. The machine is an older one 1999 but I expect it to last many more years we bought it last year and have put about 12 cords of wood through it since. Including the 4 cords of elm it really is a great machine.

That ash should bust up pretty good. I had some not quite that big last year. We blocked it up, rolled it into the trailer. I hauled it home, and every morning would bust a couple with the monster maul. I started around the outside edge and worked my way in. BTW, I did wait a week or so before splitting. It dried a bit, and froze up, and split a lot easier then.

Hogwildz said:
Super split is a 1 man op. Unless massive cuts require another guy to help maneuver the cut up onto the splitter.
Truly the fastest & best splitter I ever used. No hydraulic can touch what a super splitter can do in splitting time.

I'm really new to the whole wood burning scene so I did a search on YouTube for the Super Split.

WOW.... that thing is powerful. Cuts threw wood like butter!

Status
Not open for further replies.