Look what the wood guy brought me!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eightpilot

Jul 2, 2008
Northern WI
3 cords of Red Oak... This gives me 4.5 cords for 2009/10. Sweet!!

Attachments

• 2009 firewood 001.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 685
All 100" pieces cut last month. $160...for 3 cords, can't beat that. 8

Attachments

• 2009 firewood 004.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 741
Great price. I haven't found log length in south central Wisconsin. At that price, I'd stop cutting on my own
woodlot.

Did he bring 2 truck loads? That doesn't look like 3 cords to me?

Great price for top shelf wood...good for you!

Red oak is my favorite wood to burn. Red oak to wood is Grey Goose to vodka as far as I'm concerned.

I'm surprised that hauler can make any money at that price...being that it seems it would take longer to load the way he does it.

Im hearing rumors of $300 + a cord around here this season.........(cut my own....Yes!)

savageactor7 said:
I'm surprised that hauler can make any money at that price...being that it seems it would take longer to load the way he does it.

I know in some instances around here they are not looking to make money as much as they are trying to make room at their yard.

Good price, I would not load the ranger for that amount!!! I would have them drop it off too!!!

Northwinds and Dude, too bad you are a little too far north of me. I made a deal with a tree cutter of the same nature. 3 cords of log length, straight stuff (oak and hickory) for $120 dropped at my house. I have another tree guy that simply drops stuff off, on occasion. Neither of them sell firewood and are looking to get rid of the stuff, but I think you guys are a little out of their territory.

Talk to your local tree guys, you might be suprised at the responses.

He's a friend of the family so he gives me a little deal. We are averaging about $65 a cord delivered in 100" lengths. That is the average I came up with after talking to 3 separate trucking company's in the area. It looks deceiving but some of those pieces are 30" in diameter and will be quite a challenge for my saw to cut... 8

eightpilot said:
He's a friend of the family so he gives me a little deal. We are averaging about $65 a cord delivered in 100" lengths. That is the average I came up with after talking to 3 separate trucking company's in the area. It looks deceiving but some of those pieces are 30" in diameter and will be quite a challenge for my saw to cut... 8

Good excuse to buy a new saw. Maybe there is a 361 or 440 in your future? ;)

I wish... Getting furloughed at the end of next month, so no new saw for me this year. I'm just glad that I bought the stove when I still had money. lol 8

Jags said:
Northwinds and Dude, too bad you are a little too far north of me.

I've been working on the immediately local guys. They give away the wood to relatives with outdoor
wood burners and sell the rest as firewood. I'll keep looking. There was a craiglist ad today for log
length firewood, but for slabs, and it ain't cheap.

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/797716812.html

Somebody tell me the difference between a huge cord and small ones. :)
I think I'll pass on that one.

Wow Northwinds, great find! I am all over that. I think I will take 2 Huge cords, and 4 small ones! That is pretty darn funny! We must me located pretty close together. I'm in Jefferson county.

northwinds said:
Jags said:
Northwinds and Dude, too bad you are a little too far north of me.

I've been working on the immediately local guys. They give away the wood to relatives with outdoor
wood burners and sell the rest as firewood. I'll keep looking. There was a craiglist ad today for log
length firewood, but for slabs, and it ain't cheap.

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/797716812.html

Somebody tell me the difference between a huge cord and small ones. :)
I think I'll pass on that one.

Only 20 cords remaining? Is that 20 big cords or 20 small cords :p

nice looking load! awesome price to boot. i can't even get tree length right now with cash in hand too much of a demand, hoping heating oil prices will continue to drop so theres not so much demand for wood lol

the_dude said:
Wow Northwinds, great find! I am all over that. I think I will take 2 Huge cords, and 4 small ones! That is pretty darn funny! We must me located pretty close together. I'm in Jefferson county.

Columbia County here.

I spent the weekend up north (around Gleason). All of the way up, I was scoping out trailers, wood splitters, wood piles, and chimney
installations. Wood burning season must be coming .

this is what I have 09,10, mostly free

Attachments

• wood pile 2.JPG
    wood pile 2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.