Look who's checking out my stacks!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
100_7324.JPG 100_7328.JPG 100_7325.JPG

I have no use for those stupid birds.

Reactions: Paulywalnut
Not even then Jake. Never did care for that meat.

Ah, so a traditional Backwoods Savage Thanksgiving is Spam from the Can . . . after watching the Macy Parade? :)

My neighbor has 6 turkey's..... As pets! They're on my property more than his. For some reason fox don't bother them.
They eat all his chickens, but not turkey. Like Backwoods Savage

Love Turkey. And I seem to be the only person I know that likes the dark meat. Wherever we go I come home with the container of dark meat for sandwiches.

Just need a fryer!

L
Love Turkey. And I seem to be the only person I know that likes the dark meat. Wherever we go I come home with the container of dark meat for sandwiches.
Love the dark meat, white meat is best on a samich :)

smoked turkey or deep fried turkey is yummy

I'd be having a early Thanksgiving :cool:

Those things would have been our national emblem if Ben Franklin would have had his way. They're supposed to be pretty smart.

Reactions: Ashful
Those things would have been our national emblem if Ben Franklin would have had his way. They're supposed to be pretty smart.
The wild turkey are very intelligent. Something was lost in the domestication of them. My neighbors turkeys are just plain stupid.:)

Reactions: Soundchasm
The wild turkey are very intelligent. Something was lost in the domestication of them. My neighbors turkeys are just plain stupid.:)

Have a buddy who lives outside city limits, and one strolled past his picture window, and according to his description, was cautious, debonair, and missing only a monocle and a watch fob.

Reactions: keninmich
Have a buddy who lives outside city limits, and one strolled past his picture window, and according to his description, was cautious, debonair, and missing only a monocle and a watch fob.

Had to have been a wild turkey:p

good soup!

Dark meat only ,WhIte meat is too dry .Only thing that can save it is lots of Mayo,horsey mayo.

Love the white meat. Miracle whip and white meat sandwich, the best.
Love your stacks. Very neat and tidy looking.

turkey sammich, turkey soup, turkey kabobs, boiled turkey, fried turkey, turkey and potatoes, turkey stew, turkey ala king, baked turkey, beer but turkey, yeah thats about all I can think of right now

They reintroduced the wild turkeys here quite a few years back. They come around and eat some bird seed once in a while.
I drove into town the other day, and I couldn't believe it; There was a turkey about twenty feet off a busy road, going about his business. I guess the get kind of tame after a while....

I have no use for those stupid birds.
OK, we can add turkeys to the list of things BWS has no use for, like pallets, ash pans and T-posts. ;lol

FOOLS! Dark meat is grub! Yummy! ==c

Maybe but don't watch tv so don't see any Macy Parade. See Jake, I told you we are weird. ;)
C'mon. You never watch TV? ;hm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.