Looked for Oakies - but trying LaCretes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

movemaine

Minister of Fire
Nov 28, 2011
Central Maine
movemaine.com
Looking for Okies in my area.

We've been burning Cubex, and nearing the end of 2 tons - Rocky's is selling Cubex at $289, and looking to maybe save a few bucks but keep some quality. I can get Energex from Knight's, which I might try, but curious if anywhere sells Okies in the area.

Thanks!

as far as i know, SIB wood pellet warehouse carries those.
they are in north jay, and deliver almost anywhere.

I've bought Oakies at Rocky's before. I don't know if he currently has any. I know he's selling La Cretes now and claims they're very close to Aokies. I bought 6 bags of Cubex earlier this month and wasn't impressed at all. Seemed ashy and the ash was very dense.

Well I don't want to spend more than I purchased the Cubex for. I think I'm going to go and buy a few bags of the LaCrete's to test them. I'll report back (although I don't have any fancy testing equipment).

movemaine said:
Well I don't want to spend more than I purchased the Cubex for. I think I'm going to go and buy a few bags of the LaCrete's to test them. I'll report back (although I don't have any fancy testing equipment).

You can get Oakies for $10 more than the Cucex DELIVERED from SIB.

I just bought 4 bags of LaCretes this morning, cleaned out my stove and dumped them in. Depending on how well they burn, I may be purchasing a ton. I will report back my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.