looking at 2 quad models....witch do you prefere

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perry

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2008
auburn hills, michigan
looking to buy a quadfire 3100.
i found 2 models. what do you guys like better. the manual control or automatic control in the quad 3100 series. ? it has came down to these 2 choice's.

i went today and checked my 2 local quadfire dealers. the one dealer had a new old stock model quad 3100 step top with manual controls & legs for $1288. the other dealer had a new model 3100 millinium flat top with automatic controls and pedistal base for $1277.

I have the 4300 ST with ACC and think its a great feature, saves me alot of stove baby sitting when I need to, but it can still be operated as a manual stove if you want. I dont know about the 3100 but with the 4300 you get greater height of firebox with the Step Top which helps when stuffing for an all night burn but I dont know if either 3100 will get an all night burn, but should be close as I can get close to 12 hours.

Buy the ACC system if you can get it. The ACC system has some really nice features that prevent you from overfiring the stove on accident.

The ACC system also allows you to start the stove with the door closed which is difficult on the older ACT system.

I really like the new ACC system because if the timer is taking too long you can manually close the startup air which previous Quad units with timers (7100FP) did not have. They also seem to have eliminated the spots in the rear that seem to crack on some peoples stoves (TMonter had this problem, as well as a few of my customers). You have more control of the air, start-up air now comes in the front, and you can control the rear and primary air separately.

If you could get an ACT stove for a hell of a close-out deal I would jump on it, but for something similarly priced to the ACC might as well get the newer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.