Looking at a lopi republic 1750, anyone using one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hookspacken

Nov 8, 2006
Troy, NY
Time to start planning the install of a new wood stove in our house.
Had a VC Dutchwest cat stove in our last home, loved it. Heated our whole home.
Anyway, this will be our main heat source. We have a 1200sq/ft. ranch. was wondering if anyone is burning one of these stoves and what they think of it.

Yup. Love it. Bought it this past fall and it's been heating the Cottage all winter, it is also our main heat souce. Easy to run, I like the looks. Only complaint I have really is the door handle loosens regularly on ours, we tighten it back up about 1-2 times a month. And the blower is a bit noisy.

Here's the stove:

index.php

I have the Republic 1250. It is a nice stove. The 1750 would have been a better choice just because of the larger capacity which would mean longer burn times. I get plenty of heat from mine but overnight burns are not really possible. I can find enough coals to relight the stove in the morning, but the stove stops putting out much heat long before morning. My stove heats downstairs (450 sq. ft.) with excess heat going upstairs. This house and the location of my stove don't allow the stove to heat the whole house. There used to be a coal stove in the same place as the wood stove and that thing couldn't heat the whole house much better than the wood stove despite putting out lots more BTUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.