Looking at buying an old Blaze King, What's it worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stihl605

Jan 18, 2016
Deadwood, SD
Hi Folks,

Looking at a BK Princess model PMJ-202. Non CAT, not EPA, manual says it was designed for mobile home use with an outside air supply line. It appears to be in very very nice condition. They are asking $900. Local dealer says in my older drafty home the air supply line isn't needed. I'm not worried about the EPA out here in SD. My insurance agent says I'm OK. My question is what is an old non CAT stove that you can't get parts for worth? Dealer told me he wouldn't pay more than $500. I know it will burn a lot for wood than a newer one but 3K vs $500 sounds pretty nice. That and I know the BK's were and are great stoves.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Al in Deadwood, SD

Not worth it IMO. A new EPA stove can be had for the same price that will be much more efficient. That means more heat burning less wood. A decent 3 cu ft stove from Englander or Drolet will be in the $800-1200 range.

$500 would be the absolute top but even that seems a little high

Status
Not open for further replies.