Looking at new Stihl saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny, I've had this Summit insert since last Monday and I've been burning wood like a fiend. I'm burning my unstackable wood and uglies first. At first I thought this stove was going to be just my hobby, but my wife is secretly enjoying the fires too. Now I'm scanning e bay for the best deal on a 562XP, I'll get the 3 bottles of pre-mix gas on the same receipt to extend the warranty for an 2 extra years. Thanks for all the help choosing a new saw, if I could have found a totally rebuilt 044 locally my decision would have been a.lot easier.
It's not a hobby it's a lifestyle ;)

Like a tractor.
It comes in handy for hauling your pallet of saws (35cc, 63cc, 85cc) and gear around in the woods, while skidding logs on the 3-point drawbar.

IMG_0642.jpg IMG_0553.jpg

Nice for moving wood from the stacks to the house, too!

IMG_0556.jpg

Last edited:
You said "If you're cutting wood that needs bigger than a 20" bar, you're also going to need machinery to move the wood. So yeah, get a 20" unless you're felling large trees."

I routinely saw logs that require more than a 20" bar and I do so with only my saw (I have one 24" bar and one 32" bar) and a peavey. Point is there's no machinery or even particular skill or strength involved. Not sure how you got confused here. . .

You said "If you're cutting wood that needs bigger than a 20" bar, you're also going to need machinery to move the wood. So yeah, get a 20" unless you're felling large trees."

I routinely saw logs that require more than a 20" bar and I do so with only my saw (I have one 24" bar and one 32" bar) and a peavey. Point is there's no machinery or even particular skill or strength involved. Not sure how you got confused here. . .

Nobody is talking about larger than 20" bars here aside from you. I'm not confused, you are. Out of all the helpful people on this site I can say for sure, you are nothing more than a forum troll trying to incite arguments for the only sake of making yourself look intelligent - which you continue to fail at. My simple point to the OP was that a 20" bar can cut around 3 foot diameter logs, but getting into wood larger than that size becomes incredibly heavy to the point of needing equipment to move it effectively. Can you do it without say, a tractor? Yes, but with much more chance of injury. Troll elsewhere.

Reactions: 2PistolPacker
Nobody is talking about larger than 20" bars here aside from you. I'm not confused, you are. Out of all the helpful people on this site I can say for sure, you are nothing more than a forum troll trying to incite arguments for the only sake of making yourself look intelligent - which you continue to fail at. My simple point to the OP was that a 20" bar can cut around 3 foot diameter logs, but getting into wood larger than that size becomes incredibly heavy to the point of needing equipment to move it effectively. Can you do it without say, a tractor? Yes, but with much more chance of injury. Troll elsewhere.

Calm down, Sparky. Saying one needs machinery to cut big wood is manifestly wrong. That's all.

Also, this forum has a "People You Ignore" feature, maybe you should look into that, Dogg.

Back to the subject please, I have not spent my cash yet so I'm still comparing deals and options. I found a great price online for a 70cc 5.3hp Husqvarna 372XP non-AT 24" with 3 cans of pre-mix to extend the warranty to 4 years. Anyone own this saw or have an opinion before I jump on this deal? Thanks

Just note that the "ignore" feature doesn't work with some forum app's, like Tapatalk. I still see Grisu's posts.

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
372 xp=bada$$ saw
You convinced me, non-AT 372XP 24" bar/chain w/xtra chain and scabbard, 3 cans of pre-mix fuel to extend the warranty to 4 years = $757.99 free ship, no tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osagebndr
Of course, brand stinkin new.
I went in to post a link to the website and saw as I bought it. The price has gone up $64 in the last hour. They have already charged my cc, so I am not paying any more than that. He told me earlier this morning that the prices were not going up until after the first of the year. I guess he was wrong about the prices.
It is still lower in their ebay ad.

Attachments

• Husqy 372.jpg
    Husqy 372.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Of course, brand stinkin new.
I went in to post a link to the website and saw as I bought it. The price has gone up $64 in the last hour. They have already charged my cc, so I am not paying any more than that. He told me earlier this morning that the prices were not going up until after the first of the year. I guess he was wrong about the prices.
It is still lower in their ebay ad.

I didn't realize they had opened a 4th location in Denton. Nice deal. mowers4less guy?

Reactions: 2PistolPacker
That's the way to get that done.

Man you gotta keep her as low as possible and it still makes the old butt pucker up. ROPS up and seat belt on.

They've been in business for quite a while. They're much friendly than some of the dealers around this area. I think they're the only dealer around here with 4 stores. Their online prices are better than in the store. I wonder if you could buy online and pick up in the store, might have to give them a call.

Man you gotta keep her as low as possible and it still makes the old butt pucker up. ROPS up and seat belt on.

They've been in business for quite a while. They're much friendly than some of the dealers around this area. I think they're the only dealer around here with 4 stores. Their online prices are better than in the store. I wonder if you could buy online and pick up in the store, might have to give them a call.
I don't know why you couldn't, but they would still have to charge you tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.