Looking at new sub compact tractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sweet machine and your stack looks great too. Don't tear that thing up on stumps - those hoes don't always tell you when you are doing too much until it is too late! I did a box elder stump with a neighbors machine - one big root at a time. Have fun and enjoy it - they are indispensable if you work your land.

What I will never understand is, why would anyone buy a new cat.0 sub-compact, when you can buy a full cat.1 compact almost new, for equal money? Sub compacts are a cute novelty, but not very practical as a platform for a loader or backhoe, unless you're buying it for your kids to play in their sandbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yup just a kids toy for sure BX2360 and BX22 subcompacts CAT1.

Sweet machine and your stack looks great too
Thanks, She's going to work today, I've to dig a footing for my porch stairs, then going to some small roots / level the dirt area (play) were I dump and split logs.
I let my buddies 5 year old dig the first hole with it yesterday, I stood next to him while he worked the controls, the kid is a natural (of course the machine was on low idle and if anything would start to go wrong I would just turn the machine off, I think its important to teach kids when there young so they know what responsibility is with experience.
But today is my turn to play lol and I'm excited!

Looks great you will find many reasons to be out in the yard (working) now. There are so many chores that will be fun. And yes the little guys are never to young to learn under close supervision .

image.jpeg
My 1st project with the machine was to dig a new footing for my steps / porch wall, the old one settled and cause the steps to sink inward, causing the concrete block to crack and spall in some areas.
I had to dig the old block out, I left the old footing, also removed a ton of clay dirt from under the porch slab, it was a brutal hot day. I literally sweat gallons, the machine did great, it was the perfect size to get in there, plenty of power very fast and responsive hydros. My only complaint is that there's a bucket lock that keeps the bucket locked in the upright position for travel, every time I bought the bucket close the the machine it would lock in place, nothing that a bungee cord can handle though. So far I put 8 hrs onto the machine, half tank of fuel

image.png
That's all dug out with a new footing behind it, had to hand dig, the footing is 15" across, 5ft wide and 10 deep, I used 4,000 psi concrete with rebar, soil was very firm underneath, had to use my pry bar as a chisel to loosen the dirt to then hand dig out, I put about 3" of 3/4 crushed then poured cement over the top, roughed up the top so the new block will grab and tie itself in, for the record I'm not a mason, I just listened to a friend of mine that knows about this kind of stuff

Lol, I see your point but this is what I got brother. Now onto marching in a parade

Been searching for a parade around here, but not finding much. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose not a problem with the machine then but there has to be some underlying reason. Could be slow sales, or one of those other brands has slow sales and all the others have to offer 0% in order to be competitive ?

If it's a good tractor I guess it doesn't matter the consumer benefits with free financing which in my book is a win.

I'm certainly not an expert but it's costing the manufacturer money to offer a 0% finance option. Rules of supply and demand to me indicate there has to be a reason behind it. If they were flying off the dealers lots at full price there's no reason for the company to subsidize the financing to get it to 0%

Perhaps this market segment in general is a hard sell ? Or I'm wondering if it's to get people to go for all the extras where the 0% option would not apply ( from what you guys said if you get the front end loader you can't get 0% ?? )

I'm very novice with tractors and have a lot to learn about them.

I've been kicking the idea of a small tractor around for some time. Please let us know how you make out and what kind of deals you end up striking . Good info to know.
All of the special deals are for marketing only. There is Free Loaders, 0% & Cash Rebates. I will tell you the Cash Rebate is almost ALWAYS the best for everyone. The Manufacturer has to buy a loan down to the 0% . They would much rather give you a cash discount and be done with the purchase. If the Kioti deal is legit , the Cash discount will be on your invoice, it will and should be the same for all US Dealers. There is no specific reason the discounts vary between models, but they do try to move inventory based on some of the deals.

I figure I would bring this thread to life again.
Last year I bought a new Kioti Ck2510HST, the machine was excellent, no problems mechanically I could speak about, I did make a front bucket platform to haul fire wood around, I could fit about 1/3 of a cord at a time on the platform. I did have the backhoe option which was great, I was able to dig out some stumps, dig footings for my porch, sidewalk, retaining wall project.
I just recently sold the machine though, I put 35hrs on it and realized that the machine had to many limitations due to size, I truly wanted a machine that I could attach forks to raise logs and cut tree's off the ground, the 50" front loader bucket proved to be a little smaller for my likings.
I ran into the dealer that sold me the unit and he was asking about how I liked it, I was honest with him, he offered to resell it under consignment, i just sold it at a loss of 1g (which isn't bad in my book)
I just signed the paper work for a larger Kioti, a ck3510hst, all the same bells and whistles, the front loader is 60" with bob cat quick connect plate for other accessories, it also can raise an additional 800lbs compared to the smaller tractor, everything else is the same, the backhoe is 10" longer

Reactions: Blazing
Cool! How much will that quick-connect plate eat into your 800 lb. additional capacity?

Ended up calling and switching to the ck4010, ash - I don't know, the bucket is a 66" rated at 1800 and change at max lift height.
I know with my old 25 it could lift much more than the 1082lbs it would just stop about 3ft off the ground.
I will be taking delivery on this Friday 3/3.
Also got the quick attach hoe like the old one, a bunch of discounts and possibly the 6 yr extended warranty, waiting for the factory rep to get back to me, they have the 6 yr warranty advertised for all CK series but when you look at the small print the 40 isn't listed.

Is the 4010 a 40 hp tractor. I just purchased a mahindra 2540 this past fall. I was going to get the 33 hp version, but glad I went a little bigger. The 2540 is a 40 hp tractor with 35 hp at the pto. I figured the little more power will be better in the long run.

Ended up calling and switching to the ck4010, ash - I don't know, the bucket is a 66" rated at 1800 and change at max lift height.
I know with my old 25 it could lift much more than the 1082lbs it would just stop about 3ft off the ground.
I will be taking delivery on this Friday 3/3.
Also got the quick attach hoe like the old one, a bunch of discounts and possibly the 6 yr extended warranty, waiting for the factory rep to get back to me, they have the 6 yr warranty advertised for all CK series but when you look at the small print the 40 isn't listed.

New here, I worked for Bobcat as a tech. Kioti made the bobcat tractors and they were a very good machine. I now work for New Holland and primarily on skid steers and tractors under 120 hp. The rated lifting is what you can lift all the way up. The pressure relief valve in the loader circuit is what limits the amount lifted. Personally I am not a fan of using compact tractors under 60hp with loaders in any heavy duty application.

Have you thought about a used skid loader, they usually have a higher lifting capacity and can be purchased with low hours for under the 20k price tag.

New here, I worked for Bobcat as a tech. Kioti made the bobcat tractors and they were a very good machine. I now work for New Holland and primarily on skid steers and tractors under 120 hp. The rated lifting is what you can lift all the way up. The pressure relief valve in the loader circuit is what limits the amount lifted. Personally I am not a fan of using compact tractors under 60hp with loaders in any heavy duty application.

Have you thought about a used skid loader, they usually have a higher lifting capacity and can be purchased with low hours for under the 20k price tag.
Honestly lifting with the front bucket is just a small fraction of what I will be doing, I plan on making a lift / log table for my 3 point hitch for when I split wood so I'm not constantly bending to the ground all the time picking up heavy pieces.
I also plan on making small pallet racks to put my splits on to season then just pick up the pallet and bring into the garage.
A skid steer would be nice but I would be limited in what I could do.

I park mine with the bucket adjacent to my splitter table, so I toss them right off the splitter into the loader bucket.

We have the clamp on forks for our bucket on a ck4010. They're great for hauling out 6-8' rounds but can only carry about 4-5 average pieces. The forks can hold a ton but they clamp on the bottom of bucket and put all its weight bearing on the cutting edge. This limits your lifting weights because it extends the weight several feet from bucket and I don't want the bucket edge to bend. If you understand its limitations, they are the best 180 bucks spent . I may upgrade to a quick release forks which connects where the bucket is and increase weight capacity by several hundred pounds.

Attachments

• IMG_20160510_195537616_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160510_195537616_HDR.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 226
I recognize the paint scheme, as I have 3-point forks from the same outfit. The capacity of your 3-point is likely close to double that of your bucket!

Hoping to get home at a decent time from work, we got hit with 20-22" of snow and have 4-5ft drifts, I wanna bust through it with the tractor so bad, I also got the 6ft grading blade for the 3point hitch from tractor supply.

We have the clamp on forks for our bucket on a ck4010
You see my pic with the 3point plow? look at my rear tire then to the right and you see those hoses being held by a zip tie? can you check your machine and see if there should be some type of bracket or something? it seems real sloppy for them to have the hoses like this, my ck2510 seemed to have a very clean hose install and they used more of the black sock stuff keep them all together.

Is the 4010 a 40 hp tractor. I just purchased a mahindra 2540 this past fall. I was going to get the 33 hp version, but glad I went a little bigger. The 2540 is a 40 hp tractor with 35 hp at the pto. I figured the little more power will be better in the long run.
Yes sir, its a 40hp.
I was over in Ashtabula last week until Saturday doing storm work, now your guys are over here by us this week helping out with our snow storm.

Reactions: heavy hammer