Looking at stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By comparison we are heating 2000 sq ft in western WA with 2.5 cords/yr. in an old farmhouse with way too many windows.

Like begreen said, get an energy audit.

If you are a PSE customer you can get a basic energy audit done for free and a discount on the blower door test if desired. They'll also leave you with some energy savers like a low-flow showerhead and free CFL light bulbs.

I get 8 hrs with doug fir. Is there any difference with a new liberty and one made 15-20 years ago? The thing i like about this stove is if you want big heat fast this thing can do that real good. I burn 6-7 cord a year for a 1800 ft home.

Can I ask where in Western Wa you are located, like others have said that is alot of wood for around here. However given your username maybe you are up in the higher foothills of the Cascades or Olympics where it is much colder

Status
Not open for further replies.