Looking at used Mansfield. What to look for?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jzinckgra

Feeling the Heat
Jun 12, 2009
Raymond, Maine
I don't like to start a thread just for this, but I am looking at a used Hearthstone Mansfield (http://nh.craigslist.org/app/3275911489.html) that seems to be in great shape (10 years old) and priced quite well. Not sure what to look for as person selling, although they used the stove, does not seem to know much about stoves and maintenance. Any advice and things I should look out for? Appreciate it.

That isn't a Mansfield. Looks to be the previous generation Heritage.

The depth of the stove for one thing. The other is that the Mansfield was never a side loader.

Interesting. Glad I asked the experts here:). I should let him know and save some people the trip, including myself.

I can tell that's not a Mansfield by the number of stones on the side. A Heritage is 2 wide, a Mansfield is 3. A nice looking color though. That blue looks sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.