looking for a 1000 gal propane/storage tank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill1472

Feb 2, 2010
Michigan
looking for a used water storage tank/propane tank 1000 gal, i am in northern michigan

Bill1472 said:
looking for a used water storage tank/propane tank 1000 gal, i am in northern michigan
Do you need 1 tank or can it be 2 -500gal tanks?

Rob

Bill1472 said:

Bill, where are you located? I just went down to Indian River last week and picked up a very nice 500 gallon propane tank for $200.

The guy I bought it from refurbs tanks, I know he does 1000 gallon tanks too. he gets $650 for the refurbed 500 gallon tanks, but he can get unfurbed tanks too. I can dig up his info if you want to check it out?

Pat

Call around to your local propane dealers, I just picked up a 500 gallon tank delivered to my house for $250.

Josh

Jroz said:
Call around to your local propane dealers, I just picked up a 500 gallon tank delivered to my house for $250.

Josh

Josh,

You did good most dealers wont even talk to you about selling you one. I had to go to a place that refirbs them and buy ones that were out of test.

Rob

PS welcome to the site and where in MI are you from?

Does anyone have pictures of two stacked 500 gal tanks? Will the bottom tank support the top tank or do you have to build a frame to support the top one?

People use different methods of stacking. You can build a cradle, use pallet racking and if you stand them upright use truck rims. That's what I used for my four tanks. I welded truck rims on the ends. I all depends where you are going to put them. They wt. about 1000lbs empty. They are strong but if you stack them you have to have something to keep them in place.
leaddog

Re: stacking - take a look at AHONA's site they have a pretty neat set up that they sell

No welding required if you go the pallet rack route...lifting can be tricky but far from impossible...

3169256262_40f51de2d9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.