1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Looking for a good pellet insert

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jim5b, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim5b

jim5b New Member

Loc:
    northern MA
    We have decided on a pelet insert. Our house is 1900 sf colonial. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    Not trying to be a wise guy, but you should get to a store ASAP. See what's available. Chances are, you're not going to be able to choose any model you want. Cross your fingers and hope that you're not put on a long waiting list.

I own the Harman Accentra insert. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I also liked the Enviro Empress, but the BTU rating is lower and it does not have a self cleaning burnpot.
  3. SNAPMAN61

SNAPMAN61 Member

Loc:
    LITCHFIELD,ME.
    I just purchased a regency gfi55 insert.It is made by Enviro for Regency and is the same as the Enviro Meridian(45000 btu's).
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Certainly the first course of action is to visit one or two dealers. Get an idea of what the installation is going to cost so you can come up with a budget. See if pellets are available, and at what price.

Bring along your fireplace size - the height and width of the front and perhaps how far out the hearth comes out in front.

There are many good brands.....but the particular dealer is often as important as the brand name. Some shops are much more experienced than others.

There are lots of smart questions to ask - one would be about warranty. Ask them if it covers their travel to and from your home. Ask them how long it will take in mid-season to have a service tech come out.

As with any large purchase, there is a lot to consider. Chances are that you will get a "good vibe" from one shop or another (assuming you visit at least two).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.