Looking for a good pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be a wise guy, but you should get to a store ASAP. See what's available. Chances are, you're not going to be able to choose any model you want. Cross your fingers and hope that you're not put on a long waiting list.

I own the Harman Accentra insert. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I also liked the Enviro Empress, but the BTU rating is lower and it does not have a self cleaning burnpot.

I just purchased a regency gfi55 insert.It is made by Enviro for Regency and is the same as the Enviro Meridian(45000 btu's).

Certainly the first course of action is to visit one or two dealers. Get an idea of what the installation is going to cost so you can come up with a budget. See if pellets are available, and at what price.

Bring along your fireplace size - the height and width of the front and perhaps how far out the hearth comes out in front.

There are many good brands.....but the particular dealer is often as important as the brand name. Some shops are much more experienced than others.

There are lots of smart questions to ask - one would be about warranty. Ask them if it covers their travel to and from your home. Ask them how long it will take in mid-season to have a service tech come out.

As with any large purchase, there is a lot to consider. Chances are that you will get a "good vibe" from one shop or another (assuming you visit at least two).

Status
Not open for further replies.