Looking for a good RE-burner wood/coal furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Dan

Oct 10, 2008
NY
I have been looking into adding a wood/coal furnace to the basement in order to offset the rising cost of heating. Our last place used to have a woodstove in the main living area and dragging wood in all winter long got old. In the basement, I can store a lot of wood and with the walk out will not be coming in through the main house.

I have found a few EPA re-burner wood stoves, but would like to go with a wood/coal combo if possible. Are there any suggestions on a good re-burner combo stove? The reason I would like to burn both fuels is that I have a cheap source of wood (given a little hard work), however it is limited and I suspect it will not get me through the winter every year. Down the road we have a place that sells coal pretty cheap, cheaper than I can get wood.

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.