1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking for a Harman XXV pellet stove in New England.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kdx200kawasaki, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdx200kawasaki

kdx200kawasaki New Member

Loc:
    southern,Maine
    Anyone know where I can get a Harman XXV pellet stove? It appears I have waited too long to get one for the upcoming winter. Everyone I have talked to doesn't seem to want my money.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    They want your money. However, they aren't going to take it if they can't give you a stove. That's good business.

Do you plan to install it yourself? If not, you better make sure that a local dealer has time to install your stove.
  3. kdx200kawasaki

kdx200kawasaki New Member

Loc:
    southern,Maine
    I am planning on installing the new stove myself. I have called many dealers outside of my area and they will not sell to me if they cannot service the stove.
  4. Shanlyn858

Shanlyn858 New Member

Loc:
    South Coast, MA
    I just bought my Harman XXV today from Ash Away Heath & Chimney in N. Dartmouth, MA. (508-993-5577). They have a few more instock. I am not sure what other dealers are selling it for, but I paid $3200. We plan on installing outselves. My father has done this in the past, and is coming down to help us out.
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    It is starting to look like Maine is closed until further notice. :wow:
  6. cimbo190

cimbo190 New Member

Loc:
    southern maine
    I bet those remaing stoves will be gone on Wednesday.

$3200 sounds like a bargain. I had a dealer in Gorham try to sell that same stove to me in May for almots $3500 and that was before the blitz broke out.

I am beginning to think people are getting rooked just like with the generators in the Ice Storm of 98.

Oh boy here we go again.
  7. mlwschultz

mlwschultz New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    We paid $2,950 for our XXV. Put a $500 deposit on the stove in early May, had it installed mid-June.
  8. modemgirl

modemgirl New Member

Loc:
    Southern MA
    I just paid for my Harman XXV yesterday it was $3100, install will be $ 695. They are holding it until I move in Sept. They showed me the new price from Harman, it's now $3500 and they can't give any discounts. So it seems that if you want a Harman bought now, it's going to cost you $3500.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.