Looking for a Harman XXV pellet stove in New England.

kdx200kawasaki Posted By kdx200kawasaki, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdx200kawasaki

kdx200kawasaki

Jun 26, 2008
    Loc:
    southern,Maine
    Anyone know where I can get a Harman XXV pellet stove? It appears I have waited too long to get one for the upcoming winter. Everyone I have talked to doesn't seem to want my money.

2. kilarney

kilarney

Mar 1, 2008
    Loc:
    Vermont
    They want your money. However, they aren't going to take it if they can't give you a stove. That's good business.

Do you plan to install it yourself? If not, you better make sure that a local dealer has time to install your stove.

3. kdx200kawasaki

kdx200kawasaki

Jun 26, 2008
    Loc:
    southern,Maine
    I am planning on installing the new stove myself. I have called many dealers outside of my area and they will not sell to me if they cannot service the stove.

4. Shanlyn858

Shanlyn858

Jul 8, 2008
    Loc:
    South Coast, MA
    I just bought my Harman XXV today from Ash Away Heath & Chimney in N. Dartmouth, MA. (508-993-5577). They have a few more instock. I am not sure what other dealers are selling it for, but I paid $3200. We plan on installing outselves. My father has done this in the past, and is coming down to help us out.

5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division
    Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    It is starting to look like Maine is closed until further notice. :wow:

6. cimbo190

cimbo190

Jun 28, 2008
    Loc:
    southern maine
    I bet those remaing stoves will be gone on Wednesday.

$3200 sounds like a bargain. I had a dealer in Gorham try to sell that same stove to me in May for almots $3500 and that was before the blitz broke out.

I am beginning to think people are getting rooked just like with the generators in the Ice Storm of 98.

Oh boy here we go again.

7. mlwschultz

mlwschultz

May 1, 2008
    Loc:
    Southern Maine
    We paid $2,950 for our XXV. Put a $500 deposit on the stove in early May, had it installed mid-June.

8. modemgirl

modemgirl

May 31, 2008
    Loc:
    Southern MA
    I just paid for my Harman XXV yesterday it was $3100, install will be $ 695. They are holding it until I move in Sept. They showed me the new price from Harman, it's now $3500 and they can't give any discounts. So it seems that if you want a Harman bought now, it's going to cost you $3500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.