Looking for a NEW Wood Burning Stove Need lots of help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slb2782

Jan 11, 2008
vermont
No question that this cast iron stove should heat 800 sq ft, and then some. The manufacturer is better known for their steel stoves, which have a good reputation but are also a bit pricey compared to similar options on the market.

If you are truly interested in a cast iron stove, I would also look at Jotul or Morso. They have been in the cast stove business for a couple of years...

Good luck. There are a lot of good stoves out there. I just went thru what you are doing and got caught at one point in "analysis paralysis" in trying to figure out which stove I would purchase. Go with your instincts as far as how much you like the looks/ease of operation/confidence in dealer/cost/etc.. Also take a look at the stove review section of this website and also use the search feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.