Looking for a reputable wood dealer In Rockland County, NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I need a good reference for someone to purchase next years wood from in Rockland County, NY or the surrounding area. The wood I purchased this year had a tad too much moisture and the splits were rather large. Do splits usually come large (thick) or was the dealer I went through an a$$hole? Anyway, I want to purchase about 4 split cords sometime in April or May so that it has enough time to season properly so that I don't have the same issues I am experiencing this year.

I don't have a dealer for you but I grew up in Rockland! What town? Just curious...

And PS, here is a link to a thread all about sweeps and dealers in that area, so possibly someone on there might have some wood recommendations too (the dealers might?) Also some lumberyards do good firewood with the offcuts - is Beckerle's lumber still in operation? They are great folks, don't know if they do firewood but possibly they do.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/21087/

I'm a couple hours N/NW of ya. I'm sure the delivery charges would put guys here outa your range. But with a large enough delivery vehicle, a big enough order, and good timing (buy early summer) you could do a'wright.

But to answer your question directly . . .No, I don't know any dealers down there, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.