Looking for a starter pulley for a Poulan Pro 365 Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadave

Here's a toughie. A friend has a 25 year old Poulan Pro 365 chainsaw but he needs a starter pulley for it. Poulan apparently is owned by Husqvarna and their parts department said that they no longer carry or manufacture that part. Believing in miracles and long shots I believe that there must be one out there someplace if only in an old parts box at a repair depot. My friend actually went out and bought a new Stihl but just hates the idea that a chainsaw that still works perfectly should become a boat anchor simply because of a starter pulley. Does anyone know where one might be had?

Reactions: rwhite
OK, I looked on Chainsawr and didn't see it, but I know it's surely the same as many other of the GOOD old Poulans, probably like the 3500 and the 3600. As for being owned by Husqvarna, that's "new" in that they didn't own them back when that saw was made. There are probably other Craftsman saws with interchangeable parts. Go to jacksmallengines.com and type in PP365 and I bet you'll find an IPL for it that shows the exact part number. If you strike out everywhere on the internet, do not be afraid to directly contact Scott at Chainsawr.com He might have one sitting by the computer right now and not entered into the system. Dude's got a bajillion parts saws at any given time.

Here's a toughie. A friend has a 25 year old Poulan Pro 365 chainsaw but he needs a starter pulley for it. Poulan apparently is owned by Husqvarna and their parts department said that they no longer carry or manufacture that part. Believing in miracles and long shots I believe that there must be one out there someplace if only in an old parts box at a repair depot. My friend actually went out and bought a new Stihl but just hates the idea that a chainsaw that still works perfectly should become a boat anchor simply because of a starter pulley. Does anyone know where one might be had?

Hi,

I have a poulan pro 365 sitting here with a scored piston and cylinder. It has all the other parts. A good working rewind and clutch, bar cover, top cover, fuel tank, handle, etc.... There is no muffler. I was going to list it on ebay. I'd like to get 45.00 for the saw as a whole, plus parcel post shipping. If your interested, let me know, thanks

Hi,

I have a poulan pro 365 sitting here with a scored piston and cylinder. It has all the other parts. A good working rewind and clutch, bar cover, top cover, fuel tank, handle, etc.... There is no muffler. I was going to list it on ebay. I'd like to get 45.00 for the saw as a whole, plus parcel post shipping. If your interested, let me know, thanks
The OP hasn't been on here in over a year. Maybe he will get an email notification and respond

Status
Not open for further replies.