Looking for a Stihl 075 frame / skeleton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedyOH

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2015
NE Ohio
Well my frame has about had it, but the motor still runs like a champ, the compression is still unbelievable, being a newbie here I was not sure if we (or I can ask) can post websites but seeing how a vendor/supplier really wouldn't be a hearth.com competitor I'd figure I'd ask if there's a reputable on-line dealer/stihl supplier out there for these older saws.

Thanks.

Is this the part you mean? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1111+791+4902&_sacat=0

That seems to be the only part called a "frame," and there isn't any skeleton. If that's not what you're looking for then a good first step would be to dig up an illustrated parts list and identify the correct name(s) and part number(s) of the part(s) you need. Then you'll have several options -- eBay, forum classifieds, the local Stihl dealership, or a used parts dealer like Chainsawr.

Is this the part you mean? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1111+791+4902&_sacat=0

That seems to be the only part called a "frame," and there isn't any skeleton. If that's not what you're looking for then a good first step would be to dig up an illustrated parts list and identify the correct name(s) and part number(s) of the part(s) you need. Then you'll have several options -- eBay, forum classifieds, the local Stihl dealership, or a used parts dealer like Chainsawr.

Actually that part of the "frame" is still good on mine, you're right though, I need to find a parts list or see if the parts I need have part numbers stamped in them. I think my main part I need would be called something like the motor housing possibly (the housing the motor is mounted to). Thanks for the help and the chainsawr website, looks like that site will be useful.

Actually that part of the "frame" is still good on mine, you're right though, I need to find a parts list or see if the parts I need have part numbers stamped in them. I think my main part I need would be called something like the motor housing possibly (the housing the motor is mounted to). Thanks for the help and the chainsawr website, looks like that site will be useful.

Sounds like you mean the crankcase. That's going to be a tough one to find.

Well that sucks.....what am I going to do without my 36" bar and saw that has no brake? Oh yeah I need a brake housing as well, mine cracked.

What's wrong with it, anyhow? Is it broken somewhere?

Yes its broken in a lot of places, basically where all the socket screws hold the saw together, about half are broke or the screws broke off inside the crankcase. I also here a pinging going on when the saw is running full open, not sure if its things rattling around or if I threw a bearing.

If it's just broken-off screws and stripped threads then it's probably salvageable. Of course a replacement case with a good crank and bearings would be easier. I'd post a want ad in the Tradin Post on Arboristsite, in case someone has one sitting around.

A few broken screws and a few breaks where the head of the screw sits in (the hole). I'll check out the Tradin Post, bottom line that saw owes me nothing, I've cut some massive trees and tons and tons of wood for 20 years with that thing, who knows how much the previous owner used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.