Looking for a stove thats not fussy about low grade pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman man

Dec 25, 2012
I have a harman pb105 and can burn anything short of rocks. I want to buy 2 stoves for next season but dont want to buy one thats fussy...I like the fact that I can buy a cheap pellet and and not have problems....thanx in advance for your time

Typically the multi fuelers are more forgiving than "pellet only" stoves. I've burned a lot of pellets in my furnace that other people have said wouldn't burn in their stoves.

My pc45s with the open end pellet pot seem to handle "The good, the bad and the ugly" and corn if it keeps coming down!

Just had supper last night with a very large corn farmer and we talked about the corn and prices and with SA crop doing ok and if we get the heartland wet again and very good likely hood of goverment support of ethanol going down or away we could have corn on par with pellet prices again. There is alot of buts there I know, but would probably make an impact on pellet prices as one can get corn without bagging and transport costs. I don't miss the furry vermin that corn brings but I have evrything to store, clean and burn corn. I need corn to get to $5 to be the same as pellets.

I have burned switch grass, corn, cherry pits and wood pellets in the Enerzone Euromax and Euro Star and have had no issues with them burning anything I put in it.

Reactions: FyreBug
look for a bottom feed stove...seem to be better at burning the dregs....(Harman is one)

I have a harman pb105 and can burn anything short of rocks. I want to buy 2 stoves for next season but dont want to buy one thats fussy...I like the fact that I can buy a cheap pellet and and not have problems....thanx in advance for your time

Harman or stoop to a Heatilator.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.