Looking For Advice on Best Pipe and Stove Top Thermometer To Purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't own any thermometer, but I'd like to get an accurate thermometer to put on the pipe permanently and one for the stove top. I'm leaning towards an infrared thermometer for the stove itself, as I don't want customers toying with it if it's laying there on top like that.

What are the most accurate / high value options based on everyone's wisdom? I hate to purchase blindly and find out that the members generally like certain brands / models.

I like Condar thermos . . . but there has been some debate on the accuracy I believe on some of the newer probe thermos from Condar.

Hi,
For smokepipe, most chimney makers offer double wall "close clearance" pipe that nicely fits their system. For single wall, I like any of the heavier guage welded seam ones, as they won't come unsnapped and offer a much tighter seal between pipe sections and will last much longer than light, snap together stuff.
For chimney, Excel is it for me, based on its meeting the tougher Canadian standard (no damage from a 30 minute chimney fire) vesus the other brands that are only rated to withstand a 10 minute chimney fire. Closer clearance specs also simplify your install in many cases (10" square support box vs. others' 12"X12", and also 1" clearance to combustibles vs. 2" for the others) Finally, superior fit and finish and ease of assembly... PM me if you need help finding it- I don't know if it is generally available where you are.
Stay warm and safe,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.