Looking for an eko in vermont

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vermonter

Feb 6, 2008
I am new to the boiler room but have been reading post and educating myself for several months. My neighbor is using a seton 100 and is pretty happy with it but I am inclined to heat my 3200 sq ft house, hot water, and 7x15x5 endless indoor pool with an Eko-60 in an outdoor application after researching the hearth.com web site. I am interested in the econoburn as well but it seems to me that the Eko has a longer track record? I would like to connect this using the existing 3 yr old oil furnace as back up and i would like to use occasional soft wood depending on the season. I am interested to know if anyone out there has an up and running Eko in Vermont that I can look at. nofossil seems to live near enough. Do you have an outdoor application and would you be willing to let me take a look? I am in Craftsbury in the Northeast Kingdom. I ahve been in contact with the folks at cozyheat and they suggested asking for a willing volunteer on the forum. I am also wondering if folks think the above sound like a good general plan. I will likely build a simple combined wood shed/boiler shed for this and it will be almost 100 ft from the house. Yes I know how expensive the pipe is. Thanks for all your help both tonight and for the several months while I learned and you didn't even know I was there!
Liam

If you ever get down to Central New York State, Liam, I'll be happy to show you my EKO 60 in operation. I got the boiler from Cozy Heat and was very happy with the whole experience. A very smooth transaction, as they say on Ebay.

Welcome to the Boiler Room, BTW. I love the Northeast Kingdom.

Hi Liam,
I am in Franklin County Vermont. I have an Eko 60 on location. I have mine in an attached boiler room where I also have my heat storage tank.

I'm in Addison county. Actually, right at this moment I'm in St. Johnsbury on business, but the EKO is in Addison county.

Mine is indoors, but other than th issue of buried lines, I don't think it makes much difference. PM me if you'd like to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.