Looking for an insert for an arched fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reason

Oct 6, 2010
Iowa
Greetings. My first post here.

I'm looking for an insert that will preserve the arched brick opening in my fireplace. See attached photo. Height is 28" at each end arching to 31" in the middle. Front width is 34.75, Depth is 18.

The room is 300 sq. ft. with about 1000 on the first floor of a 2-story home.

I realize I may have to install a base unit and then custom cut some metal to fill the opening and the arch at the top. Has anyone done something similar or have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Current fireplace.jpg
    Current fireplace.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 176
I have done this with the Regency inserts. The surround panels are cuttable with a jigsaw & a fine-tooth blade.
I first made a cardboard template the make sure I had the correct fit, then transferred the layout to the Regency surround.
I cut a TAD oversize & ground it back to the layout. It worked well & looked good after I touched up the painted surfaces...
HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.