Looking for anyone who has a Pacific Energy T5 insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome. The Alderlea version of this insert is new this year, but the guts of the stove have been around for quite awhile. It is the same as the Pacific Energy Pacific insert at heart. There are many owners of this insert on the forum. From the reports here, I think you will find the PE quieter and a bit more solidly built. The Montpelier seems to be a decent heater but has some blower rattles and refractory tile issues that are vexing some owners.

For reviews, look here:
https://www.hearth.com/ratings/search.php

Heating 2000 SF with the Pacific is pushing it. I have a semi open floor plan, plus had to try to get the heat down a set of stairs.

Heating the 1500 SF main level of the house, how ever is a peach.

Hmmm, I like the PE alderlea T5 over the PE summit, only because the fireplace is the focus of the room. Anyone know if they will be coming out with a T6 version of the alderlea in the near future?

I have one, its been installed and running since the week before thanksgiving. I also looked at the VC but it felt and looked cheap compared to the PE. Keeps the living room in the mid 70's and the upstairs of my 1800 sq ft. cape at a minimum of 66 depending on the outside temp. Lined chimney about 22 feet all inside the building envelope, well except the last 6 feet or so. Not burning 24/7 but getting closer. Right now it burns out sometime after midnight and is restarted early afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.