Looking for Bay window wood burning insert in BC Canada

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

st0ni

Oct 25, 2021
gibsons BC
As the title implies I'm looking for a bay window insert. I had the osburn 2200 picked out and spent the year putting money aside for it and now it's apparently no longer enviromentally friendly.

Perhaps I can get some recommendations? Or perhaps someone here knows where a 2200 can be had in the pacific northwest?

Thanks a bunch!

That's a unique stove but seems very outdated and very old and is this the reason why it did not pass the EPA this time around...Those Osburn stoves are very pretty and I tried to get information on a 2021 stove in that category (Bay window) but failed to come up with one...I found discontinued ones and is this the reason why they are not EPA certified..Don't know a lot about stoves and just curious on what information you have about them or anyone else for that matter..My favorite stove is The Bario wood stove but its a lot of money and I like it because of the ambiance and it spins around--lol lol--that's how much I know about stoves but I am learning..lol lol..Welcome to this forum and these people will come up with real good suggestions for you...old mrs clancey

That's a unique stove but seems very outdated and very old and is this the reason why it did not pass the EPA this time around...Those Osburn stoves are very pretty and I tried to get information on a 2021 stove in that category (Bay window) but failed to come up with one...I found discontinued ones and is this the reason why they are not EPA certified..Don't know a lot about stoves and just curious on what information you have about them or anyone else for that matter..My favorite stove is The Bario wood stove but its a lot of money and I like it because of the ambiance and it spins around--lol lol--that's how much I know about stoves but I am learning..lol lol..Welcome to this forum and these people will come up with real good suggestions for you...old mrs clancey
My guess is it wasn't a big seller so sbi didn't put the money into bringing it up to 2020 standards

The Bay windows turn black very fast most do not have air wash. Quadrafire had an insert with a Bay style door I believe it was discontinued as well it also had complaints of dirty glass.

Quadrafire's insert selection is paltry since 2020, just one insert. FWIW, Lopi dropped their Freedom Bay insert too. I suspect it wasn't a big seller. The Buck 91 still has small side windows.

This is the Buck 91 we recently had installed.

IMG_3500.jpg IMG_3489.jpg

My guess is it wasn't a big seller so sbi didn't put the money into bringing it up to 2020 standards
I actually read on another forum somewhere it was their best seller. So no idea why they wouldn't put the work in.

This is the Buck 91 we recently had installed.

View attachment 284095 View attachment 284096

That's one of the only pictures I've seen of it from the side. I really appreciate that, thanks.

Where do I get one though? I'm in BC Canada. I tried emailing them two days ago about it but got no response as of yet.
Their website looks like a highschool project from the 90s, kinda sketched me out a bit tbh. Would still love to have one, they seem to be enormous.

I may not have the technical knowledge, but I have the stove, so glad it helped.

If you were in Tennessee I could tell you where NOT to get one. The sweeps company I had do the install had them listed on their website store, but Buck isn't one of the brands they normally carry. After getting some estimates on other stoves, I asked the estimator if he could give us an estimate on the Buck, and he had it within a day.

I agree, there website definitely needs an overhaul, and trying to get answers through email were fruitless. I have called a couple of times now, and have gotten through to customer service, so a call to their sales dept. is probably your best bet.

I was told by another sweeps company I had come to get an estimate on chimney work that even though they don't normally carry Buck, that they could have gotten one too. So you may want to call around to local installers, but ask for a sales manager. I called this same company, but the lady that answered said they didn't install Buck stoves.

I may not have the technical knowledge, but I have the stove, so glad it helped.

If you were in Tennessee I could tell you where NOT to get one. The sweeps company I had do the install had them listed on their website store, but Buck isn't one of the brands they normally carry. After getting some estimates on other stoves, I asked the estimator if he could give us an estimate on the Buck, and he had it within a day.

I agree, there website definitely needs an overhaul, and trying to get answers through email were fruitless. I have called a couple of times now, and have gotten through to customer service, so a call to their sales dept. is probably your best bet.

I was told by another sweeps company I had come to get an estimate on chimney work that even though they don't normally carry Buck, that they could have gotten one too. So you may want to call around to local installers, but ask for a sales manager. I called this same company, but the lady that answered said they didn't install Buck stoves.

Canada is definitely not Tennessee. That's all anyone needs to say on the matter, I'm certain we all agree. XD

I did try calling around and emailing. Most places haven't responded to me or answered their phones. I even called outfits that are a days drive away. I mostly got resounding awkward silence followed by a "what's Buck?" The one person that did know them says they can't get them anymore; she did not specify why.

What do they cost BTW? Seems like the only manufacturer that posts an MRSP is Osburn.

Back in January they were listed online for around $3000 which is close to what I paid.

Looks like several online retailers have them listed now for around $3400. hvacdirect.com, efireplacestore.com, and usfireplacestore.com show them in stock. Not sure what shipping would add.