Looking for energy investment suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcijim

Mar 10, 2008
Schuylkill County, Pa
We have switched out a few thousand metal halide lights for florescent. I'm nearing completion on my 2nd solar project. We are actively seeking out investments in HVAC and electric for our office buildings or industrial buildings. I'd look at on site power production, some of our buildings use 300kw per hour. Unfortunately we need more cooling than heating.

I'm looking for suggestions. Anyone?

I assume you are a utility customer? If so, make sure you check out the PA rebate programs for swapping out those metal halides and any potential HVAC projects. Incentives for motors can be very good if the motors have been around a while.

Yes, was getting the EPACT federal tax credit for a while for switching out the lights, now I am getting EPACT and a utility rebate. Payback has been 1-2 years. Most of our buildings are just warehouses. I don't have a lot (or any) motors. Where would I have motors worth switching out? I have some elevators but they are all new (1990 or newer). I have a lot of 5-7 ton package roof top units. Most are natural gas.

You are getting the Act 129 rebates through the utility for everything installed in the last 2 years? Blower motors are often a prime target because of the high hours of use. There are also attractive rebates for VFDs and other custom applications you might have for your business.

I would suggest you check to see who you are buy9ing your power from. Sometimes you can get cheaper/greener power production.

I installed a TED5000 to monitor my power use. Its great and lets me identify what i am using my power for and how I can save it.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.