Looking for feedback on the T300p-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoastcan

Nov 2, 2010
Nova Scotia, Can
I am looking at purchasing a Whitfield T300p. It is new, but Lennox seems to have discontinued them.

This model seems particularly hard to find useful information about on the web, which surprises me because other Whitfield stoves seem to have a lot of reviews/information/etc online.

I was wondering if anyone has has any experience with this stove? Is the blower very loud? Is it generally reliable? I am not afraid of a little regular work to maintain it, but I don't want to buy in to a known lemon either.

I would appreciate any feedback. I am also looking at the Harmon XXV, but it would be more than 2x the price.

IMO, I would NOT buy any pellet stove from Lennox. They discontinued the stove for a reason. Go w/ Harman, Travis Ind, or Enviro, to name a few good brands.

Your in Canada...Enviro makes VERY nice stoves.

Many of the Whitfields offered through LEnnox were Whitfields in name only. Many modifications were made that pretty much ruined the name. If you are looking for something that performs like the old Whitfields then you will want to look into the Enviro Meridian, Vista Flame VS100 or the Regency Greenfire, those are somewhat copies of the old Whitfield Advantages

Good lick.

I have a T300p-2 - The stove looks great and as my only experience with pellets My opinions may not be correct.

Run mine connected to a thermostat heating a 26'x26' room over a two car garage. The stove can easily drive you out of the room but I do have some complaints

1 - glass soots up unless it is burned on high or the combustion air is set to give a very sharp flame where the the hopper is burned almost empty between dumps
2 - have to adjust combustion air when changing burn rates
3 - At startup the controller does not let the flame establish long enough before adding more pellets causing more soot on the glass

The manual says that during startup the combustion fan is on "medium voltage", so it seems that the controller is supposed to change the fan speed but I don't see it working. I'll have to get the meter out and watch ot see if the combustion fan is actually changing speed.

Aaron

I also have a T-300, for 7 years now. It is a bit more work to clean, and there isnt enough area for the ash to go. I only burn the best pellets I can, cheaper pellets create much more work. I heat a large portion of my house with the stove, and its great to look at. My wife really wanted this stove for its looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.