Looking for gasifier installer for central New York

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

horrocksd

Mar 2, 2010
Finger lakes, NY
I'm looking for an installer for an Econoburn 150. Boiler is already located in my barn, insulated O2 barrier pex has been run to the house and chimney is installed. EB 150 will be piggy-backed on my existing oil-fired hydronic system. My intended setup is with near boiler loop, and overheat dump zone using 1 1/4 " fin tube, and side arm HX on existing electric water heater. No thermal storage for now, but maybe stub-out.

I'm located in rural mid-state New York halfway between Binghamton and Syracuse. Need someone competent with gasifier installation. Would like to get this completed between now and mid-August. Interested parties or referrals please email me at [email protected] . Thanks!

I would start by looking for persons or companies that do boiler and hydronic piping work. There is nothing about a wood boiler that makes it "special" other than low water temperature protection. The Econoburn is set up very nicely to take care of that all by itself.
Check with friends and neighbors who may have a gas or oil fired boiler and see who they use. If you can find a heating supply house in your area, call them and ask for recommendations. As a last resort start interviewing some people listed in the yellow pages.

Have you tried calling Dale at the Econoburn factory? It's located quite a distance from you (on the lake near Erie), but I would expect he has lots of contacts throughout the state. Good luck with it!

You could call the HVAC guy we use for local installs. He is busy, hard to get a hold of, not cheap, but he will leave you with nothing less than a perfect and safe job. He does all the HVAC work for our pellet boilers, psg caddys, coal furnaces, etc.
email me at my work address for his info if you want.

horrocksd said:
I'm looking for an installer for an Econoburn 150. Boiler is already located in my barn, insulated O2 barrier pex has been run to the house and chimney is installed. EB 150 will be piggy-backed on my existing oil-fired hydronic system. My intended setup is with near boiler loop, and overheat dump zone using 1 1/4 " fin tube, and side arm HX on existing electric water heater. No thermal storage for now, but maybe stub-out.

I'm located in rural mid-state New York halfway between Binghamton and Syracuse. Need someone competent with gasifier installation. Would like to get this completed between now and mid-August. Interested parties or referrals please email me at [email protected] . Thanks!

David, I have to ask. Do you have any family or relatives from the Long Island area?

Status
Not open for further replies.