Looking for help from the wise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyt

Hearth Supporter
Jul 31, 2008
Uinta Mountains Utah
Ok I have a Solo inova ordered, God only knows when it will get here. I am trying to prepare as best as I can while I wait. I hate typing since I grew up with a pipe wrench in hand not a keyboard and the beer is not helping.
Focus, OK, I am looking for a good venting option, I Am new to the Solid Fuel side, I hear of type "A" Venting and I would like to know what will be the best option.
Second question, I recently replaced a system in a car wash which was using a PVI Quick draw ASME tank that has a large copper tube bundle in the side. The recovery is great and it is only a year old. The thing that I am concerned with is that it is only 250 gallons. I have a 85,000 BTU load at design conditions and I am wondering if a boiler similar in output to the current Solo 30 or 40 would be ok with only 250 gallon of storage. I was thinking of running the Tarm through the tank and piping the tube bundle with it's own circ primary secondary into the primary. If I need to find more storage now is the time. I have a 50 Gallon SS indirect now doing my DHW, other than the PVI I also have another viessman 50 and 120 but I hate to put three expensive indirects in as it will complicate things. I would rather sell them all and find a large LP tank or something else.
Any input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.