Looking for history on my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being a bit facetious, as the EPA itself didn't exist for some decades after this stove's era. If it's some sort of knockoff or replica, it's about as old as if it were the genuine article. I have no idea whether or not fakes of stuff like this were even being made back then. Rick

Not many fakes way back when. We didn't have trade relations with the countries that were notorious for fake castings (or at least very minimal). I have no way to verify, but my best guess is that you have the real deal.

That's my guess, as well...the genuine article.

I think it's the real thing by the looks of it. EPA regs for US stoves didn't start happening until the 1980s.

Heres the rest of the stuff that I have for the stove image.jpg

Looks like mica to me. Replacement material is available, should you decide to do some fixin' up. Rick

This is an antique, of course! Very nice and looks to have been made for coal...or wood. Maybe even soft coal as that would have been available out that way.

Personally, I'd say it's a nice keeper - but I would personally not burn it, but rather display it somewhere in my house! Some people put small flickering bulbs inside to give a nice atmosphere.

So called "modern" woodstoves started being made about 1970+ and the EPA (clean burning) end of things started about 1986.

Status
Not open for further replies.