Looking for HVAC to help with Vaporfire 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinJJ

Feb 8, 2014
Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
I have owned my Kuuma Vaporfire 100 for 2 years now. It has failed to provide any heat for our home. I believe it is not the furnaces fault but the installer. Daryl at Kuuma has been great and we both believe it is an HVAC issue. Does anyone live in the Milwaukee area that knows a knowledgeable HVAC company that could asssit in getting this great wood furnace to heat our home.

I don't know of Minn contractors, but it is common for add-on furnaces to be installed without back draft dampers (check flaps). Without them the heat can just loop between the supply duct and the return with only a little leaking up though the house's supply vents. If this is the case, the fix is pretty easy.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I don't but it is common for add-on furnaces to be installed without back draft dampers. Without them the heat can just loop between the supply duct and the return with only a little leaking up though the house's supply vents. If this is the case, the fix is pretty easy.
Thanks for the information!

CabinJJ
I would start looking on line a HVAC contractors that have websites and promote wood burning as part of their setup services in your area. Then on Monday get on the phone to them and see where it leads you. You might even wonder in some wood stove shops to see if they would have any recommendations of who to call to help you out.
Most "professionals" are glad to help or lead you to the help. If your where here in the Twin Cities area I would have names for you. On Monday I will be talking to one of my HVAC subs to see if he knows somebody over near Milwaukee for you to call.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: begreen
Show the HVAC tech the diagram on page 6 of the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.