Looking for info for first time purchase.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choice/deal on your Harman. LOVE mine! Like everyone has said, it's a heat monster and it will burn darn near anything! Heat and ash are dependent on pellet quality. Enjoy!

Good luck with your stove. Just fired up my P68 last night--not freezing yet, but cool, damp and windy, so the heat from my Harman is greatly appreciated. I purchased 5 tons of Turman pellets, which have been awesome for heat with minimal ash/mess. Maintenance is daily scraping of the burn pot/cleaning glass with a dry rag; shut down and more thorough cleaning after one ton of pellets. Not exactly the same kind of heat I had from (previous) Harman TL 300 stove, but ease of operation and convenience can't be beat!

Good luck with your stove. Just fired up my P68 last night--not freezing yet, but cool, damp and windy, so the heat from my Harman is greatly appreciated. I purchased 5 tons of Turman pellets, which have been awesome for heat with minimal ash/mess. Maintenance is daily scraping of the burn pot/cleaning glass with a dry rag; shut down and more thorough cleaning after one ton of pellets. Not exactly the same kind of heat I had from (previous) Harman TL 300 stove, but ease of operation and convenience can't be beat!

I replaced a similar stove, Harman exception, I agree the heat is different, in my case, its more even, I also installed a setback thermostat and so far, no complaints, I've been running it all day today, temps are in the mid 30's with snow expected, about to put the first bag of Spruce Pointe's in it, all in all, I am very happy with the P-61 A and highly recommend it.

You will love your Harman. I've had mine now for 3 seasons and it will burn anything you put in it. Just do the general cleaning and it will treat you well. My accentra puts out a lot of heat so I know the p series must put out monster heat. Enjoy :):):):)

I replaced a similar stove, Harman exception, I agree the heat is different, in my case, its more even, I also installed a setback thermostat and so far, no complaints, I've been running it all day today, temps are in the mid 30's with snow expected, about to put the first bag of Spruce Pointe's in it, all in all, I am very happy with the P-61 A and highly recommend it.

Let us know what you think of the SP.

If you bought a ton and they are 40lb bags then you did get 50 bags....

You will like it even more as the temps drop outside and your living space is still as it is now temp wise. Just dump in another bag, the temp takes care of itself ( depending what mode you run it in)..

How are those Spruce Pointes doing ?

Reactions: bogieb
You will like it even more as the temps drop outside and your living space is still as it is now temp wise. Just dump in another bag, the temp takes care of itself ( depending what mode you run it in)..

How are those Spruce Pointes doing ?

So far I am liking the Spruce Points, seem to be low in ash, plenty of heat, I set my thermostat at 72 and the stove has maintained that temp all night.

So far I am liking the Spruce Points, seem to be low in ash, plenty of heat, I set my thermostat at 72 and the stove has maintained that temp all night.
Yeah, it's kind of anti climatic after running wood stoves, coal stoves etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.