looking for information and or pictures of greenwood or seton wood boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Boiler Room, dirtman. There's a couple of threads around here showing the guts and inner workings of both, I believe. There's also a thread showing the assembly of a Greenfire, which is pretty similar. I'm sure one of our many Greenwood owners will check in shortly with some suggestions and observations.

If your interested in building a Seton boiler I recommend calling Fred Seton directly he sells the plans and is extremely helpful if you call him with a question or a problem . Anthony

http://www.rohor.com/page7.html

I purchased my GreenWood all assembled. I don't know if you can buy the parts and build it yourself. I doubt it.

A couple of things to consider:

Anthony can fill you in much better than I on this, but I think the Seton combustion chamber is multi-piece. The Seton also has an ash pan.

There is a gentleman here that built a GreenFire from parts, and it sounds like he is very happy with his unit too.

If customer service is at all important to you, I suspect both companies mentioned above are better than GW :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.