Looking for install specs on Earth Stove Series 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham4592

Dec 22, 2007
Northeast ND
We're changing fire insurance carriers and the new one wants to know what the install specs are on our old Earth Stove, Series 100. They also want to know if it was certified and if so by whom.

The plate on the back of the stove is unreadable and I've been unable to locate a manual. Earth Stove, the original manufacturer subbed out the construction of the stoves throughout the US as this was was manufactured in Mt by a company that is no longer in business. Lennox says they know nothing, have nothing and can't help.

Any ideas anyone or better yet, the specs and certification info?

Have a Merry Christmas everyone

If you haven't had luck elsewhere, you might try doing a search on "Earth Stove" to see if it turns up anything useful. I know it's a brand that is mentioned occasionally, but I'm not sure if your model is one that's been discussed much.

Gooserider

Woodcutter, I just so happen to have bought a used series 100 today. Was doing some looking up on my own and came across your question. My stove has the plate in the back and is all able to be read.

24" from unprotected wall and 8 from protected
35" from center of pipe to corner if set in a unprotected corner with 24" from side walls
24" from center of pipe to corner if protected corner with no closer then 8" from protected walls

shows that unit was inspected by north west laboratories out of seatle, washington
ICBO # is 3340
manufactored by earth stove general engineering

if you need further information let me know.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'd just about given up. Hope the stove works as well for you as it has for us.

Thanks again and have a great year.

I have the same stove, and I would like to know if it was designed with a baffle and the dimensions/shape of it. If not, would it be asking for trouble to make one for it? As it is most of the heat is going straight up the pipe. I am using it to heat a garage/workshop. Thanks for any help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.