Looking for local supplier of Bio Blocks/Logs in South Metro Denver (CO)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Nov 21, 2014
Metro Denver, Colorado, USA
Our Fireplacex Hybrid-Fyre is coming next week but from reading these forums, I realize I don't have enough wood to get us through the season. I was thinking I would just ring up a local company and get some split wood delivered but again, from these forums, I think I'd be unlikely to get wood dry enough to burn immediately although the dry climate here might allow the wood to dry enough to burn at the end of this season.

So to fill the burning gap I was looking for some 'bio' blocks or logs but I can't find any local suppliers here in or around Centennial, Colorado. All the main bio-fuel web sites either don't have distributors here or, if they do, the local store doesn't have any in stock.

Does anyone have any ideas for local bio blocks or good suppliers of seasoned wood?

Not so sure about South Metro but they're usually right up front on pallets at the TSC in Brighton. Great little Italian restaurant just up the street to boot. Take a little trip up to the quiet side of town.:cool:
Also, on the way up, check out JCK Firewood on old Brighton road. Good size operation but they are friendly to the small user. I grabbed some wood from them last year when I was in a bind. Bring a meter and an axe and check a few splits for dryness. Load what you want, stack it as tight you want and they'll come out and measure it and charge you by the cubic foot per wood type. They don't stretch the tape either. I thought they were very fair and nice to deal with.
Remember our climate...stuff dries really fast and I think they may have been heli-logging some of that massive blow down from Routt County from way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.