Looking for Log Load supplier in CNY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNY Joe

Jun 11, 2008
Central NY
Have been trying to find a local supplier for a load of logs or block wood. Any recommendations? I'm in the CNY (Spafford, Skaneateles, Cortland) area. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

I'm in the Captial district, so can't help specifically.

I've had the best luck looking the the local free Ad newpapers. There is usually a stack of them in the supermarket.

Cards on community bulletin boards.

If you see a truck with some lentghs , follow it or get the Tel number off the side.

It's getting late in the season, but at least you'er in a good neighborhood for that sort of thing.

There are quite a few loggers in that area. Some are actually still in business. I'd look in the Yellow Pages for "timber harvesting" or "logging" or "foresters, consulting" or "timber buyers." Shop around if you can. Prices may vary widely

Status
Not open for further replies.