Looking for manual for Treemont stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justamere

Sep 20, 2006
I bought a used Treemont stove and would like to find a manual for it. Only thing I can find is a metal plate (not attached anymore) that says "Vansco Industries / Treemont. Model HC3000 (HC1000) Fuel Approved: wood / coal Tested 4/83..."

It has some small diagrams for installation, but I'm not sure whether this one is model HC3000 or HC1000. Local building dept says there are no codes, but I have to go by what the manual says.

Want to install the stove in the basement (so far, unfinished) and run the pipe through a cupboard in the kitchen and out the roof. Any suggestions for this installation would also be appreciated.

Hey roo is this another setup? Can one tell me the thinking behind buying something they know little about? Especially something that can destroy your home take you life? Roo you are putting me on running the chimney through the cupboards?

well as long as there were clearance through the cupboard, and it was properly inclosed....... ;-)
Rules for penetrating floors with class a chimney.
there needs to be firestops at every penetration within the building envelope
any exposed class A chimney pipe need to be inclosed.
typically class A has a 2" clearance,
depending on the brans of pipe you buy you will need a total of 12 inch space to run the chimney pipe.
thats a start.

Did you ever find a manual for the Vansco Industries,Inc / Treemont HC3000? I bought a home that has one, The stove is in great shape but just needs some good old fashion maintenance and I need to replace the baffle (it's warped). I could probably go to a welding shop to have one fabricated but would like to have the manual anyway. If anyone has one you can contact me at [email protected]. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.