Looking for Old Mill Stove Manual copy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

e ny

Sep 23, 2008
Upstate NY
Hey All,

New to the forum, but not new to the wood burning (and cutting splitting, stacking, etc etc) scene.

Sold my home a while back, new owners decided to buy a new insert for the fireplace. So, was able to keep my trusty, well used Old Mill fireplace insert. Believe it's a om 45 or 55

In the midst of obtaining building permits for our new modular, and have now discovered i need the owners/installation manual for the stove to obtain the permit! Orginally had bought the stove used (apx 2 yrs old when i bought.) Old Mill / Devault Fab has been out of business for years, extensive net surfing has unearthed NADA! (other than the fact that i attended a tech school with-in several miles of their plant!)

Do not believe there's a data plate on the stove, but will check again in the next several days.

Building inspector states no paperwork, no approval. No free funds at this point for a new stove, especially considering i have a perfectly good unit (and lots of wood!)

Help?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.