looking for opinions Greenfire GF155 vs Enviro EF3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmittjames

Oct 29, 2010
central ct
SO, i am narrowing our search and I have two models that I am looking for some feedback on. The first is the Enviro EF3 - seems to be a well liked stove, decent warranty. I am getting a price of $3500 plus tax. The other stove is a Greenfire GF155. I am having trouble finding much info other than the from the dealer on this one. The specs seem a little better - higher output, higher efficiency rating. The only info that i can find are some older reviews of the GF55, which appears to have been manufactured BY Enviro but not well liked. So I am confused. Is it essentially the same? The Enviro is a bit less also at $3350 plus tax.

Anybody have an opinion that they want to share?

The EF3 is a stove thats been around for a long time. But it has the dial a fire control and is somewhat out dated for today technology. I don't think it even excepts a thermostat and the damper rod has to be adjusted for each heat setting.

The GF55 has all the bells and whisles of the "today" stoves. It is pretty much the same stove as the Enviro Meridian. You get a bunch of options with its control like thermostat(auto/off for shoulders and hi/low for the cold). It adjusts the damper automatically for each heat setting.

So it depends on what you want out of the stove. A full hands on manual stove(EF3) or one that is more automatic(GF55). Both stoves have there place and do a good job of heating. I would say if you don't like to tinker the GF55 is more a set and forget stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.