Looking for Pacific Energy owners, please tell me what you own.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainStoveGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2006
Boulder County
Im thinking about carrying this line next season, now i know all LOVE your EBT, so im just trying to figure out what stoves to carry. Wood mostly but if you have gas, like it or not, let me know.
Thanks!!

Hey are you trying to start a convention? Ok all Englanders tell me what you own .LOL
We need a post less hostile than yesterdays but if you are missing the action check out the ash can
but bring plenty of potatochips buttered popcorn and sit back and watch. But no Trans Fat
No Kc fried chicken wings Jellie donuts are ok

You're right Elk, its getting tough out there. I'm going to start wearing my helmet when I open a new thread ;-)

I feel that PE is a small company, and that there stoves are one of the least represented on the market. I do like there enamel colors. I will give them a real cloese look in Reno.

I likes my PE Summit. Good investment for keeping the heating bills low. Large enough firebox for decent size splits or rounds. Can use indoor or outdoor air supply and keeps the family heated on those really cold nights...

My neighbor is in love with his new classic. Lots of heat and simple operation. I went and looked her over and it really speaks of simple quality. Another important benefit is close installation clearances.

Any one own the fusion? Intresting look.
BG, i tried calling you back, the phone just rang, no answering machine? we need to continue that conversation.

I know about the colors Whorehouse red

They were rated in Canada as the best stoves a couple years back or the most popular
best customer satisfaction

red is a little strong for me, but i think it will sell. Not sure how red goes with a steel stove, when i was a VC dealer red was one of the most popular colors...

Where to start ..................

And no the PE color is not "red" its more maroon (sunset red as its called). Now VC is RED !

I was also looking into the PE classic NG "gas" stove for the back room in the future after i remodel the room.

I bet you could call Tom of the chimneysweeponline to get his input on models.

We have 3 big wood stove dealers in Lincoln Ne and the biggest of the three is the dealer i bought my stove from was a Pacific Energy / Jotul dealer and had another smaller brand i cant remember.

The second dealer 2 blocks away is a Hearthstone and some old fashion cook stove dealer.

The third dealer across the street is a Quadra-Fire / Country stove dealer and some other stove brand that could be ordered. Un sure about the gas line of stove and how that sold but they had all of them.

One of them could order VC but didnt carry any in stock and didnt push them either. If i remember correct the big seller in wood stoves for PE was #1 the Spectrum / Spectrum classic / Super 27 stoves then #2 the Summit / Summit Classic and #3 Vista / vista classic and they just started carrying the Fusion stoves. They sold inserts too and was about the same line up as the free standing stoves.

EDIT: Correction , The Pacific Energy / Jotul dealer also had Harman Stove , Quadra-Fire , Mendota , St Croix , Dimplex .
http://www.capitalpatio.com/

Msg,

2 people we know in Quebec have them, both are whorehouse maroon with the gold garters. Summit classic and spectrum classic..Both are very happy with the stoves..Drolet is very strong in Quebec..One is regular wood burner research everything before he buys the other is semi serious...

You don't have to look for PE stove owners. They find you. :roll:

We are very happy with our Vista insert. I did a LOT of research and looked at a lot of stoves before making a decision. The build quality of the PE was better than the Buck, Napoleon, Jotul stoves I looked at. Regency looked very comparable in quality but I didn't like the design of the firebox and the fact that it took some odd-sized firebricks. The Vista's bricks are all the standard size and should be easy to find. PE is not very common in our area - lots of Buck, Lopi, Avalon, Napoleon, Harman dealers here. The PE seems to be the Toyota of the stove world. Not real fancy but well built and reliable. (Guess that's why we drive Toyotas too!)

I LOVE that term for a color... whorehouse. Just got done painting a metal star above the mantel whorsehouse colonial!

I love the look of the PE summit classic in whorehouse maroon. My favorite of all the PE Summits. Whorehouse reds & maroons do sell, remember the movie Office Space with that guy with his Red Swingline Staper? A red stapler didn't exist. The producer took some black Swingline staplers to an auto-body shop to be professionally painted red, and used it in the movie. Swingline got so many requests after that movie for the whorehouse red Swingline stapler they ended up creating it and it has since been one of the hottest selling office supplies. Who can forget Brie Vander camp (Marcia Cross) of desperate housewives in her red lingerie scene. I personally like red the most out of enamels and colors and would probably have purchased my insert in whorsehouse red if it were offered :)

Whorehouse in quebec. I know where the friendliest little cathouse in the NE is located in Quebec. Its just across the border in Clarenceville, right at the tip of lake CHamplain. I bet a couple of you New Englanders have ventured there. They come from all over the place as far away as Mass. Maby a couple of you guys................hey wait were you talking about a red stove, Quebec or what, I get confused.

Its my understanding the popular Porcelain Enamel colors are:

#1 Ivory & Ebony (Black)
#2 WhoreHouse maroon (Sunset Red)
all being close is sales and then:
#3 Forest Green
#4 Royal Blue (Blue cost more like $150. +)

They just stated offering new colors of "Pearlized Black" and "CoffeeBean Brown"
The Fuson has all Porcelain Enamel colors + Stainlss steel.

Maybe Tom Oyen will jump in here with some of his input but this is just how it come out at the dealer i bought my stove from.

cant wait for the show
i think i will start with the summit, spectrum, vista, and fusion (in stainless) . its distrubited locally so i dont have to stock all the colors. I think i will display a coffee, whorehouse, and pearlized black, and blue.
im excited about carrying a new product. we will see how it measures up to the quad sales. Im assuming there more expensive then quad. Ballpark cost on a summit in red with a black door and legs?

MountainStoveGuy said:
cant wait for the show
i think i will start with the summit, spectrum, vista, and fusion (in stainless) . its distrubited locally so i dont have to stock all the colors. I think i will display a coffee, whorehouse, and pearlized black, and blue.
im excited about carrying a new product. we will see how it measures up to the quad sales. Im assuming there more expensive then quad. Ballpark cost on a summit in red with a black door and legs?

Around $2,200.00 +/- The "Classic" standard black door / black leg kit & ash pan system.

24k Gold Door or Polished Nickel add $175 +
Brushed Nickel Door add $285 +
24k Gold Legs or Polished Nickel add $185+
Brushed Nickel Legs add $245
24k Gold or Polished Nickel Trivet add $35.+
Brushed Nickel Trivet add $60+
Blue Porcelain color Finish add $150+

BB se what you started I almost spilled Sam Adams on my keyboard Worehouse red

OK Spike, I'll jump in.

The flagship of PE's product line is the D1 firebox. It is used in the Super 27, the Spectrum, the Classic and the Fusion, as well as the "Pacific" insert. Having the same firebox and outer convection shell, all four models perform exactly the same: The difference is basically looks and price (the ash removal system with hidden drawer is standard on the Classic, Spectrum and Fusion models, but can be added to the Super 27 model for $115.00). We first burned a Super 27 on our showroom test flue some years ago, and it was the first Winter we were able to walk into a warm store every morning since we'd burned the original Woodstock Soapstone and Hearthstone Heritage models. The difference was, both soapstone models, although still putting out heat, were dead burned out and we had to start our morning fire from scratch. The Super 27 still had hot coals in it every morning, after a 12-hour burn. Since I work long hours and burn time is very important to me, I bought a Spectrum, and still heat my house with it today.

The Summit, Summit Classic and Summit Insert models came later, in an effort to offer a larger firebox and more output for larger homes. The now-legendary (on this forum, anyway) EBT technology was implemented to make the Summit hold a fire as long as the smaller D1 models, while still meeting EPA requirements. In our mild climate out here in the Pacific Northwest, we've learned to be careful about recommending the Summit models, as a Summit with a full firebox is a powerful beastie indeed.

The Vista, Vista Classic and Vista insert all share the same (smaller) firebox, and have out-performed every other "size small" woodburner we've ever carried, in both the sustained heat ouput and burn time categories.

One of PE's big advantages is, they're built in a robotics assembly plant. A mechanical "arm" goes all around each firebox, full-bead welding every seam. The result is, PE fireboxes are tighter than similar but spot-welded stoves (might account for the longer burn times, we think). Factor in the lifetime warranty, floating solid stainless secondary burn chamber and truly "stay clear" viewing windows, as well as the almost-fanatical devotion of PE owners, and PE products are an easy sell.

Have had a Vista insert for a month now, so no long term feedback but initial impression is all favourable, cranks out enough heat for my 1300ft2 home with air half open, good build quality, floating firebox design makes a lot of sense, glass stays perfectly clean even though my wood is only so-so seasoned, damper control is not too touchy, fan is hardly noticeable except maybe on full, and best of all, available all black with no cheap looking brass trim.
I still wish I could have had a Summit or Pacific, just for the longer burns, but wouldn't fit.

Received a lot of good advice on this forum a few months ago when choosing a stove, hope this helps someone else make a decision.

Thanks Tom. Very informative post.

Status
Not open for further replies.