1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Looking for Pellet Sifter Contraption

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by joescho, Jun 19, 2013.

1. joescho

joescho Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    This year I cleaned a fair amount of crap out of the hopper, and I'm probably going to buy more MWP this year which has a few more fines than others. So I may look into that contraption to sift the pellets.

I found bits and pieces I think imacman posted, but all the threads seem to be incomplete or do not show the whole thing.

Anybody got a guide in building one?

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    get in touch with "corkman", he makes them with proceeds going to the church or something
  3. EastMtn

EastMtn Member

4. imacman

imacman Guest

PM sent
  5. joescho

joescho Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    PM Received and sent
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Want to buy a complete kit?

I bought a new stove and will never build another?

Pay for shipping and you can have mine. Based off of IMacs system.

Comes complete, but no shop vac.

I glued a lot together. But should stil fit in a small box? PVC is not fragile so no need for priority or insurance??

Although shipping will likely cost what this will cost if you go to the store. But I am done sifting. My Quad needed it. The Enerzone won't. Fahrenheit doesn't.

Cheers.

image.jpg
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  7. joescho

joescho Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    Why are you getting rid of it? Did you buy a wood stove or something, or do you not feel the need to sift the pellets anymore?
  8. imacman

imacman Guest

"But I am done sifting. My Quad needed it. The Enerzone won't. Fahrenheit doesn't. "
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Yep. Thats the sentence that says it all.

Bought a new pellet stove with Bottom horizontal feed. No issues with Fines.

Quadrafires have a spring type auger (hollow). So it allows almost all fines to build up in the bottom of the hopper.

Fahrenheit loves fines and the Enerzone should too :)

Yours if you want it? May take a day or 2 to pack and them ship (Mon-Tues next week)?

All need Gutter gaurd and dowels are there? Colander, clamo? It is sized for a large Shop vac, but you can tape over a few of my holes till you dial it in?

I think I have $30 in mine? With clamps and such? About $40.
  10. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Dex- does the enerzone have a fines box like the Harmans? Just curious. I clean my fines box out once a month but it doesn't really need it that frequent. Probably twice a season would be plenty.
  11. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH

Here are pics of one I made with some scrap wood and screen I had laying around!
    See http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...ut-fines-from-your-pellets.65199/#post-815132
  12. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH

I just cleaned out my fine box for the 1st time. Not too bad. The owner of the stove must have kept it up.

This fine box cover is solid cast iron! Some older stoves are better especially with a new control board and hopper extension!

It has the marking on it for the old manual feeder rod! ! ! LOL

Attached Files: