Looking for Pellets Pellets Pellets.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
Looking for direct shipment to my place. Not looking for a middle man, last year I made this request all I got was middle people. If anyone can help thanks. I need at least one possibly two trailer loads. I know 40+ tons, not trying to be be the biggest pellet pig but if that is what it takes so be it. Only top quality.

Thanks Joe

Defiant said:
Looking for direct shipment to my place.
Not looking for a middle man, last year I made this request all I got was middle people. If anyone can help thanks.

Most of the people on this forum are end users, or stove dealers/repair service people.
If you want to avoid middle man you need to contact the source
so best for you to get on the phone. You'll get results that way.

From the MWP website:

For Bulk and Truckloads, please click below to view or print our order form.
To order or request a quote please print the form below and fax to :
207-654-2040 or for current pricing please call 207-654-2237.
We offer both bulk and bagged pellets.  Our pricing is for truckload minimums 22-24 tons and is FOB Athens Maine. We offer early season special pricing and will give preference in the fall to our customers who take advantage of the early season buy program. In order for us to quote you the best possible price please fill in your requirements below.

The big name mills may not deal with the public, But Maybe an up and comer? I know mills like VWP and IHP do sell to local residents. Maybe start there? 40 tons is a good sale!

I remember a member saying that he could get a full load from Barefoots and was doing a co-op.

oldmountvernon said:
saw those Dex but not cheap at all 219 for NEWP pfft i paid 175 for GS

For NEWP's thats a bit much. But click on "Full Details". They have Barefoots and Cubies too. $219 a ton for Barefoots seems good compared to the prices people post on this board.

Pretty sure it can be cheaper than that. I got some info from ironpony on a load of Somersets. Although I live in the land of cheap Somersets (about $175-$200), I am still looking into the load. 22 tons and they can be had for less than $200 a ton. Pretty good deal. Although having a storage place (I have a 30 x 40 barn) and a means of unloading them (a buddy with a skid steer w/ forks) can be a big issue for some.

oldmountvernon said:
i tired barefoots no luck, this season anyway same with hamers

The key to this is limited supply. You won't even get the time of day if they don't have enough to supply their own distributers. Gotta find a "just making it" mill who needs additional sales. Tough to find on the good brands. Lower your standards just a wee bit and just maybe you'll get a nibble.

Did you try Trebio?

I was in Somerset KY 3 years ago and inquired about buying a l load, they were willing to sell me 22 tons at $135 per ton. I had found them at a local Lowes for $3.89 per bag or around $195 a ton. At that time it didn't make sense to me with the cost of the freight. I really liked them and wish I could just even find them around me now!

Bottom line is that they were very nice and willing to accomodate me. You may want to give them a try.

oldmountvernon said:
fmsm said:
I was in Somerset KY 3 years ago and inquired about buying a l load, they were willing to sell me 22 tons at $135 per ton. I had found them at a local Lowes for $3.89 per bag or around $195 a ton. At that time it didn't make sense to me with the cost of the freight. I really liked them and wish I could just even find them around me now!

Bottom line is that they were very nice and willing to accomodate me. You may want to give them a try.

i would take many loads at that price lol but shipping has to be the killer to here and probably wouldnt be worth it J has all the contacts get to it maybe youll get a free ton for your efforts ;)

I keep my contacts because I don't ask for favors. I just mooch some sample here or there. Honestly I have never tried.

Defiant said:
Looking for direct shipment to my place. Not looking for a middle man, last year I made this request all I got was middle people. If anyone can help thanks. I need at least one possibly two trailer loads. I know 40+ tons, not trying to be be the biggest pellet pig but if that is what it takes so be it. Only top quality.

Thanks Joe

TRY Neil Fraser and his # is 416-938-1390 okies let me knoe if it works i may order a load also

Thanks guys, Great responses, just got in from a great dinner and of course drinks, not looking to make a million just trying to take care of my niche of customers. Talk to you in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.