Looking for photos of Napoleon 1101 installs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
As a long time reader, first time poster, I am looking for any photos I can find of a Napoleon 1101 insert installed and firing.

Long story short is my wife and I are working on the final details of installing an 1101 in a fireplace opening built in 1981 in our cedar log home. We originally were intending on keeping the fireplace as a show fire and installing a woodstove in the basement but due to pain in the rear end hyper sensitive insurance inspectors we are now going with plan B. We are working with a WETT certified installer and he is pulling his hair out over the nitpicking by the insurance company rep.

Until this home came our way we have both lived with wood heat since we were small children. Needless to say we are both frustrated with the process and yes, we know that there may be better inserts out there than the 1101 but the fireplace opening is dictating our choice as is the fact that we need the install to be as flush as possible. At the same time we are both debating losing the beauty of our fireplace to the utility of an insert when the original plan was to have beauty upstairs and utility downstairs.

I really appreciate any willing posters who will show us their install as soon as they can.

By way of further reference we are blessed to have an abundance of firewood (read several hundred acres of riverfront consisting of lots of ash, box elder, elm, poplar and easy driving to oak and birch) which further drives us crazy as we have had only decorator fires in the fireplace for the past 2 winters. We currently have at least 8 cords of wood seasoned and seasoning on our acreage with several more cords located dead standing and fallen within a mile of our home.

Thanks in advance for any help with photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.