Looking for reliable installer in western CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbieinCT

Feeling the Heat
Sep 26, 2013
Danbury, CT
I'm looking for a reliable chimney inspector/sweep/stove installer in the western CT area. Not sure if you are allowed to recommend people on this forum but if you can, I would greatly appreciate it. I've called many people and we've had two come through the house so far. We are not completely happy with them, so we wanted to get another opinion.

I'm currently trying to figure out out wood stove/pellet stove situation, in the meantime, we need to get started on installation of chimney liner for our furnace chimney.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Meg

I used a good installer last week out of Danbury-Curtis from Loyalty Chimney 203 650 2956 who installed my insert, liner, etc. Reasonable and great to work with.

Call Preston Trading Post in Redding and ask if they can recommend anyone.

Reactions: newbieinCT
Try this guy...

http://prochimneysweepsofct.com/index.htm

I had about half a dozen guys come out to quote the installation of my insert and most of them didn't seem to have the experience to do the job right. None of them knew about or wanted to install a block off plate or insulate the chimney liner but Ed insisted on these items as part of his install. His prices are higher but he knows what he's doing and his workmanship is top-notch. I've had him back several times to sweep the liner (before I started doing it myself) and to rebuild the top half of my chimney which was deteriorated, and repair the roof around it. Excellent work each time.

Three great options - I'm going to try them all. It can't hurt to get more than one more opinon. The first one wasn't so great - the second one seemed weird. I'll call Preston and see if they can recommend someone and also Loyalty and Pro Chimney Sweeps. I need all the opinions I can get :)
Thanks everyone!

Try Novicky's Fireside in Brookfield. Been around forever. Very reasonable.

Try Novicky's Fireside in Brookfield. Been around forever. Very reasonable.

Thanks!! Will try them too! Great info here...thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.